Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #1471
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
As long as mine arrives issue free I could care less about the ES. All it means is if I try to sell down the road, I'll be lucky to get what I paid for it. Part of the hobby.
Same. but if it has flaws i'm definitely blaming the es.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #1472
Y3E
Gen 13

Obviously there is a demand for this guy and whether there are a total of thousand or 6 thousands there will be issues regardless.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #1473
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Same. but if it has flaws i'm definitely blaming the es.
I will say this about high ES, I got the collectors edition of Spiderman and my number was 2700 of 5000 and it arrived absolutely flawless. So a high ES doesn't always mean QC issues. Sometimes a later number or second batch can be better because initial issues are corrected, I saw this with the recent Thanos and the smooth spots on the legs.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #1474
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
I will say this about high ES, I got the collectors edition of Spiderman and my number was 2700 of 5000 and it arrived absolutely flawless. So a high ES doesn't always mean QC issues. Sometimes a later number or second batch can be better because initial issues are corrected, I saw this with the recent Thanos and the smooth spots on the legs.
yea, for the missing textures around his groin area Sideshow responded with

As for your other issue with the body, please know that the indents on the inner thigh are intentional and will be on every statue. These are for the tunic, and based on how that particular polystone statue cooled, they will be more evident on some statues than others. These variations are present across the entire edition. Several final retail pieces we examined in our offices looked virtually identical to your collectible.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #1475
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post

As for your other issue with the body, please know that the indents on the inner thigh are intentional and will be on every statue. These are for the tunic, and based on how that particular polystone statue cooled, they will be more evident on some statues than others. These variations are present across the entire edition. Several final retail pieces we examined in our offices looked virtually identical to your collectible.
Yeah, they might have been intentional but they shouldn't have shown. That's why they corrected the issue on the next batches and you didn't see those marks at all. I know one person who contacted SS and is getting a new body sent to him because of them.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:02 PM   #1476
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
True, was definitely the case with original WW pf.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #1477
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
We work hard for our money and the prices in this hobby have exceeded my need to keep collecting. I'm close to having what I need this wolverine had the pose I wanted. The ES this company's issuing is nothing more than a cash grab with terrible quality. Read the Thanos on throne thread. Nothing but flaws with odd one that was legit. You just don't read that on XM pages. Sure it's more costly but I'm getting my money's worth with XM. Few pieces I'm waiting on to round out my fav characters I'm so done.

This hobby is biggest money pit around and the loyal fans are getting hosed by greedy companies producing crap!
Go buy XM products then. Problem solved.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #1478
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post

Quote:
Yeah, they might have been intentional but they shouldn't have shown. That's why they corrected the issue on the next batches and you didn't see those marks at all. I know one person who contacted SS and is getting a new body sent to him because of them.

Huh ...I must've missed this. I don't believe I've seen any pics or even posts of this issue. Where there pics of this issue with the inner thighs?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #1479
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Huh ...I must've missed this. I don't believe I've seen any pics or even posts of this issue. Where there pics of this issue with the inner thighs?
YEA Right it was intentional

Missing in action, waiting on replacement.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #1480
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Here is a couple more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	G1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	112029

Click image for larger version

Name:	G2.jpg