Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #14851
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I did an ALIEN marathon about a month back complete with Prometheus. I agree about Resurrection. I thought I liked it but upon revisiting it I didn't. Gave it a 5.5/10 myself and agree with all your points.
Great minds I wanted to like Resurrection, but certain bits just ruin it, Can't really go into detail without spoilers but I'm sure you'll know what I mean, a certain B movie style death scene during the evacuation for a start. Alien is just miles ahead of any of the others for me.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #14852
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Great minds I wanted to like Resurrection, but certain bits just ruin it, Can't really go into detail without spoilers but I'm sure you'll know what I mean, a certain B movie style death scene during the evacuation for a start. Alien is just miles ahead of any of the others for me.
Yeah I hear you, and said much the same thing in my assessment of Alien Resurrection HERE. Though I think we differ on AlienĀ³ and most likely Prometheus.

My thoughts on ALIEN and ALIENS are HERE if you're interested in those.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #14853
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I liked Resurection ok. I don't think of it as a legitimate part of the Alien story, but as an odd what if story. Plus, it has Perlman playing a perfect Perlman character and Brad Dourif bring all Dourif-like. He dies way too soon though....sorta. The ending hurts it, but it's a fun sci fi creature flick if you dont think of it as a real sequel to Alien 3. I love Alien 3 BTW.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #14854
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

It's no where in the same class as Alien or Aliens but I can still enjoy Resurrection. I like the overall vibe / atmosphere of the movie and the cast (for the most part) was good. Could have done without Winona and the Newborn
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #14855
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
I did an ALIEN marathon about a month back complete with Prometheus. I agree about Resurrection. I thought I liked it but upon revisiting it I didn't. Gave it a 5.5/10 myself and agree with all your points.
You should become a movie critic since everyone and their mother agrees with you, it will save us a lot of money at the movies coz we can just read yr reviews and decide to see it or not.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #14856
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
You should become a movie critic since everyone and their mother agrees with you, it will save us a lot of money at the movies coz we can just read yr reviews and decide to see it or not.
honestly... I actually think my overall tastes differ from a lot of you guys. Though I do find in my personal life and especially here with like minded individuals such as yourself more people tend to agree with me than disagree when it comes to movies, so I guess that's something.

Its funny though, ever since I was young if someone were to ask me what my dream job would be my response was always "movie critic!" I can't think of anything better than getting paid to watch movies and share your opinion with others.

Ironically though I find the opinions of the majority of film critics to be worth next to nothing. I avoid reviews completely before seeing a film and forming my own unbiased opinion.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #14857
Luminous
Cyclops

If you became a movie critic I would ignore your opinion. Just sayin.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #14858
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
If you became a movie critic I would ignore your opinion. Just sayin.
and I would applaud you for it.

However if you were to form your own opinion first and then avoid my opinion afterwards... I'd certainly make a point to stop sharing it with you... just sayin.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #14859
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
and I would applaud you for it.

However if you were to form your own opinion first and then avoid my opinion afterwards... I'd certainly make a point to stop sharing it with you... just sayin.
Touche....
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #14860
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Its funny though, ever since I was young if someone were to ask me what my dream job would be my response was always "movie critic!"
That's amazing. I always wanted to be a movie critic as well. But it just didn't pan out, so I was forced to become a gigolo instead
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote