Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't really know any of those characters other than Darkseid
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #1482
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, I'm with you on that. I don't mind heels on Emma Frost, but I kinda threw a stink when the 'company that must not be named' added super tall heels to Storm. I lost out though, because they kept them.
Yep! I was thinking of Emma Frost when I wrote part that I wouldn’t mind heels for a few female heroes. “Company that must not be named” don’t go easy on the high heels for some characters. I felt that way with their Mystique.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #1483
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Yep! I was thinking of Emma Frost when I wrote part that I wouldn’t mind heels for a few female heroes. “Company that must not be named” don’t go easy on the high heels for some characters. I felt that way with their Mystique.
Yeah, I even was told that a bunch of people voted and the hooker heels won. I guess that's what happens when you have a bunch of straight males voting on a female statue - they all have to have 7-inch hooker heels LOL.

P.S. I even showed them pics of the actual artwork from that era, none of which had any sort of heel.

But, I digress. Back to Rogue
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #1484
Demona
Lex Luthor

I kinda get your point about the logistics of heels, but nobody says boo about Wonder Woman wearing heels. Why doesn't this argument happen with her? In all her many designs I have no heard/see one person complain about them.

Also, Jim Lee was/is notoriously lazy with wanting to draw feet. So doing an easy foot image in basic panel pages is easier without a heel. Historically, before Lee - Storm and most of the X-ladies had heels. Kitten heels, but heels.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:14 PM   #1485
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Comic book women - where all men are suddenly expert critics of heels, hair, and fashion. LOL.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:21 PM   #1486
Demona
Lex Luthor

To my credit, the footwear is always a hot topic for me. I love a shoe...even a fictional one
Old 08-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #1487
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I kinda get your point about the logistics of heels, but nobody says boo about Wonder Woman wearing heels. Why doesn't this argument happen with her? In all her many designs I have no heard/see one person complain about them
Since the new wonderwoman PF is not in heels, I am guessing you are talking about the movie version? I was never around forum during that time plus I won’t complain since I have no interest in movie version statues.

I have a problem with wonderwoman being in heels (unless its kitten heels) too. I am so glad WW PF is not in heels because that may have stopped me from buying the statue even though I love wonderwoman.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #1488
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Since the new wonderwoman PF is not in heels, I am guessing you are talking about the movie version? I was never around forum during that time plus I won’t complain since I have no interest in movie version statues.

I have a problem with wonderwoman being in heels too. Like a big problem. I am so glad WW PF is not in heels because that would have stopped me from buying the statue even though I love wonderwoman.
While we are on this topic, I guess we can be thankful there isn't a "Jurassic World - Bryce Dallas Howard Sprinting from T-Rex" Diorama on it's way.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #1489
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
While we are on this topic, I guess we can be thankful there isn't a "Jurassic World - Bryce Dallas Howard Sprinting from T-Rex" Diorama on it's way.
OMG I cringed so hard when I watched it in the theatre at that part She outran a T-rex in heels lol
Old 08-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #1490
Demona
Lex Luthor

Yes! That is all I could think of in those scenes!