Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-25-2016, 11:37 PM   #141
zuko3984
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Mine came today. First the good. I really like her face and think it came out even better in person then the pictures. I think she's gorgeous. The entire statue i think came out really great as far as the sculpt and paint.
The bad. Two pieces of her skirt came broken off and rattling around in the box. It looks like it is the same pieces that broke off on other peoples statues. It's a clean break and i don't think anyone would even know it was broken unless it is pointed out but it still should not be broken. This is obviously some sort of problem with the way this was packed since a few people have had the exact same thing break. I also have a small scratch/black mark on one of her legs. The removable top doesn't really sit/fit right. It does not really cover her well and just does not look like it fits right. And finally she does not really lock into the base very well. She seems like she is going to fall over. Very loose at the base.
I emailed ARH to see what they can do. Not sure if I am going to keep this or not with the issues.
The broken skirt i can live with since it doesn't really look broken and no one will even really know it's broken unless it is pointed out to them. The statue fitting into the base i can fix by putting some statue Museum putty in the base to get it to hold better. My real concern is the mark on the leg and the top fitting better. I can even live with the mark on her leg since the way it will be displayed it shouldn't be noticed very much. But i really want the top to fit better. I guess i'll see what they say and think it over because i really like this statue except for the issues.

20160125_214834 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160125_214830 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160125_214840 by zuko1312, on Flickr

20160125_214819 by zuko1312, on Flickr
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 AM   #142
zuko3984

Old 01-26-2016, 02:00 AM   #143
nameivom
The Herculoids

Does anyone have another email address. The hotmail address posted does not work. I have issues with the statue I received concerning breaks on the skirt, sloppy paint in areas and as others have said the top doesn't fit all that well.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:05 AM   #144
zuko3984

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Does anyone have another email address. The hotmail address posted does not work. I have issues with the statue I received concerning breaks on the skirt, sloppy paint in areas and as others have said the top doesn't fit all that well.
arhstudios@hotmail.com should work. I got a reply from that email address.
As far as the top not fitting they said that the top is the way it is supposed to be. It isn't supposed to fully cover her and her nipples are supposed to show even with the top on. I don't get the point of the top if it doesn't cover her but they say this is the way it is supposed to be.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:07 AM   #145
ReTardist
The Herculoids

please call us between 10 am and 3 pm mountain time. we will get these taken care of
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:32 AM   #146
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

So, just out of curiosity, is the next Arhian (City of Horrors) going to have her top made in the same fashion? Any chance it could be made to just have just a bit more coverage? Already have it pre-ordered and am really looking forward to it.

Honestly, when it's just me and the wife (who loves this statue btw), the bit of nip that is showing isn't a huge deal. However, when we have her mother over or something like that, it's then when full coverage would be a nice to have. Arkhalla is going to be a tough one to explain, lol, but she was just too beautiful of a statue to pass up (will probably have to hide her on occasion).

Last edited by trav99ss; 01-26-2016 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #147
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
So I did something stupid. I tried to fix the issues myself and made things worse. I was able to get the marks off her leg but in the process i broke the dagger on her hip. I also tried to fix the problem with her not sitting right in the base and ended up breaking the whole foot peg thing. Since i broke these things i'm not even comfortable asking for any sort of return/exhcange and am just going to write this off as a lesson to myself, no more trying to fix things myself, I'm not good at it. If i ever get another statue from any place that needs anything fixed i just return it.
I still think it's a great looking statue just wish it didn't have issues and I really wish i would have just exchanged it for another instead of making things worse. Oh well lesson learned.
list it on ebay for auction. i'd be more than happy to buy that to fix up or use for my customs. i"m always looking for broken statues to use for parts or use for kit bashing.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:40 PM   #148
jlebrun208
Doh!

Same problem

I recieved my statue also. I hade the same problems:

1)waistband broken.

2)Bad paint job on the legs, either packaging rubbed them real bad or the paint wasn't 100% dried when they packed it.

3)Magnet in the right breastplate repels the statue. So i assume both magnets are the same.

I love ARH statues and ideas. They make beautiful prototypes. I think the factory is dropping the ball and hurting their product. I hope they forward the concerns or look for a new factory to make their stuff.

I contacted them and they said they would make repairs. I have 3 other items on preorder (Barbarian EX, Gold Ares, and Achilles), I hope they come in better shape than this one did.

I'm a big fan of ARH so I hope they can get these factory concerns lined out.
jlebrun208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:52 PM   #149
ReTardist
The Herculoids

the damage seems to be unique to Arhian in this case. There was a design flaw in the packaging from the factory apparently. We WILL get this sorted out.
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #150
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Do you know when Alexander and gold ares are shipping?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote