Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-18-2022, 11:12 PM   #141
pdenham
Teen Titans

So, between a domestic retailers markup but lower ship cost, and JND slightly lower price point + much higher shipping, the difference is likely a wash?

I suppose with limited availability and high demand, the rule is to just get it wherever you can?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 11:25 PM   #142
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
So, between a domestic retailers markup but lower ship cost, and JND slightly lower price point + much higher shipping, the difference is likely a wash?

I suppose with limited availability and high demand, the rule is to just get it wherever you can?
I heard/read that the JND website orders go REALLY quick so chances are, a domestic retailer will be your best bet.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 11:31 PM   #143
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

If you can order direct it will be many many months faster than via US retailers. Also (forgive me if I don't get the terminology correct) going direct you'll end up getting hit with a charge that is a tax, or fee, or duty from FedEx (or DHL?).

Assuming Mera can ship to the US I will first try for JND direct myself. My alarm will be set for 30 minutes before those PO's open.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 11:47 PM   #144
pdenham
Teen Titans

Speed isn't a big deal with me.
If I can save a couple hundred $, I'd be happy to wait a few months. Besides, anticipation is a great part of the overall experience with these things ...for me.

The main thing would be not to miss out entirely.

Despite all the controversy and push back Heard has seem to have gotten with this role, I still expect this to get snapped up as fast as any of the previous figures.
Maybe even faster since the character doesn't enjoy the over-exposure/servicing that other characters so far have gotten.

Though I fully expect this won't be the last Amber Heard Mera we'll see over the next twelve months. Harley and WW and BW are getting to be seriously played out.
More studios are going to get hip to the fact there's gold in them there green hills.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:18 AM   #145
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

For sure! I'm estimating 6 months (from JND ship to US retailers ship) based on the delay for WW. I'm not expecting Catwoman until August, and Joker until May/June. If they go past that I'll start getting impatient.

But good luck "cancelling all other PO's and throwing money at this one" haha. I feel that's what I've done since Catwoman had to come along and wreck my routine of buying a couple PVC figures monthly which were considerably cheaper.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 12:59 AM   #146
pdenham
Teen Titans

Well, the main PO i had was for the Prime 1 Lynda Carter.

That's been on the chopping block for a little while now. The semi-reveal of this just steels my resolve to drop it.
The money not spent there would go a good ways to this.

Of the few other PO's, one is a bust that I would love to have, but have realized for a while now I probably won't have the room for. I got an order in "just in case", but it's never really made practical sense.

Those two things alone would probably cover most of the cost of this, as well as allow me to cut down on storage space.
Old 02-19-2022, 04:11 AM   #147
eternalblue02
New Republic

Not to butt in but if you really don’t want to wait months on end for a JND piece and don’t mind getting hit with a $150 “give or take” customs fee from FedEx, camp the JND site right before the PO opens. The pieces generally sell out within 10 minutes after going up. I’ve POed Joker, Catwoman and the Bale duo with no issues. I personally have not experienced any issues inputting credit info or a bogged down website due to traffic. Make an account ahead of time and be awake before it goes up. It’s 11pm eastern standard time for me. Shipping to the US has been around $250 plus the customs bill which is sent a week or two after you receive your package. All this info is from a US experience, I have no idea what other territories experience and I live in the northeast so charges may differ in other places of the US.

If you miss the PO window your options are Spec Fiction and Big Bad Toy Store. Each come with their own caveats. You can always message Todd at SF and see if he can help before his PO goes up. I’d like to believe Covid and the cargo issues are what’s causing the huge gap in delivery time using SF and BBTS. Much like the delay Chronos was experiencing with Wonder woman.

I don’t do social media and have found the best way to get in contact with JND directly is by clicking their email link on their Facebook page, email them your issue and you’ll get a response within 24 hours. Hope this helps good luck with Mera.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 05:55 AM   #148
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Not to butt in but if you really don?t want to wait months on end for a JND piece and don?t mind getting hit with a $150 ?give or take? customs fee from FedEx, camp the JND site right before the PO opens. The pieces generally sell out within 10 minutes after going up. I?ve POed Joker, Catwoman and the Bale duo with no issues. I personally have not experienced any issues inputting credit info or a bogged down website due to traffic. Make an account ahead of time and be awake before it goes up. It? s 11pm eastern standard time for me. Shipping to the US has been around $250 plus the customs bill which is sent a week or two after you receive your package. All this info is from a US experience, I have no idea what other territories experience and I live in the northeast so charges may differ in other places of the US.

If you miss the PO window your options are Spec Fiction and Big Bad Toy Store. Each come with their own caveats. You can always message Todd at SF and see if he can help before his PO goes up. I?d like to believe Covid and the cargo issues are what?s causing the huge gap in delivery time using SF and BBTS.

I don?t do social media and have found the best way to get in contact with JND directly is by clicking their email link on their Facebook page, email them your issue and you?ll get a response within 24 hours. Hope this helps good luck with Mera.
Do they have any restrictions with locations worldwide or can they ship everywhere?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 06:34 AM   #149
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

original - ..and lightened up.
Looks like someone beat me to it while i was doing this..

I took the very final frame from the video (original) as during the 3 final frames, the image is lighter compared to the rest of the video that came before those 3 final frames.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 06:39 AM   #150
ukshaun
Hercules

There appears to be a whole load more silicone in use compared to previous JND pieces. I can only speculate, price will be higher.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote