testsubject25
Birds of Prey

The body and base look pretty good!

But, man that face...

testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #142
dechirico7
The Flash

They should offer this one as a kit. I think she would be fun to customize and paint yourself. I am just not a huge fan of the paint work on the APs. I think the production pieces actually come out better. I'd completely redo her top, add some details, maybe embellishments all over her, she is a queen after all. I'd go with something similar to the outfits Aayliyah wore as Akasha in Queen of the Damned.

I am actually in the process of doing the same with my Cleopatra. I am stripping the paint and plan on adding more details and interest to her. Making her actually resemble Cleopatra.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #143
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
The body and base look pretty good!

But, man that face...

Yikes the face is AWFUL. She's creepy looking and not pretty at all.

On the other hand, the much darker and semi glossy outfit looks better than the matte gray they originally showed and the base looks nice.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #144
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
They should offer this one as a kit. I think she would be fun to customize and paint yourself. I am just not a huge fan of the paint work on the APs. I think the production pieces actually come out better. I'd completely redo her top, add some details, maybe embellishments all over her, she is a queen after all. I'd go with something similar to the outfits Aayliyah wore as Akasha in Queen of the Damned.

I am actually in the process of doing the same with my Cleopatra. I am stripping the paint and plan on adding more details and interest to her. Making her actually resemble Cleopatra.
I would like to see how that looks. After seeing all the new stuff coming out from SS alone, no Queen of Vampires for me. I still think it is a very nice statue, but I too would like to see something similar to Akasha garb. I loved that movie moreso than others that I know. I thought Aaliyah was awesome in that.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #145
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
On the other hand, the much darker and semi glossy outfit looks better than the matte gray they originally showed and the base looks nice.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #146
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I would like to see how that looks. After seeing all the new stuff coming out from SS alone, no Queen of Vampires for me. I still think it is a very nice statue, but I too would like to see something similar to Akasha garb. I loved that movie moreso than others that I know. I thought Aaliyah was awesome in that.
Oh, I thought you preferred ARH statues to Sideshow?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #147
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Oh, I thought you preferred ARH statues to Sideshow?
Ooooohhh someone's got jokes today.

For the record, I do think ARH's best sculpts are just as impressive as anything SS has done (relative to 1/4). Their Athena, Medusa, Thor, Leonidas and Valkyrie are just as impressive as anything I have seen come out of SS. However, SS is my main squeeze. I only own 1 ARH product. The majority of my collection is the best in the business which is Sideshow. I own PCS and Syco products too.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #148
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Ooooohhh someone's got jokes today.

For the record, I do think ARH's best sculpts are just as impressive as anything SS has done (relative to 1/4). Their Athena, Medusa, Thor, Leonidas and Valkyrie are just as impressive as anything I have seen come out of SS. However, SS is my main squeeze. I only own 1 ARH product. The majority of my collection is the best in the business which is Sideshow. I own PCS and Syco products too.
LOL.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #149
victory
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This could be such a nice statue. I was considering it but have hesitation now after seeing the in hand pictures. Aside from the face issues I don't like the glossy flesh tone and hair. I prefer if they would have stayed with a matte finish there as shown in the promo photos.
victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #150
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

She has enough eye shadow on to be in Rocky Horror
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote