Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-13-2021, 12:25 PM   #141
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambulanceartist View Post
Well this piece has already gone to waitlist and it doesn't even release for another 6-9 months. They probably underestimated the popularity on this one.

Glad I put down a deposit when I saw it low quantity.
You and me both buddy!!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:43 PM   #142
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Interesting...didn't know that. Thanks for that info.
Yeah, had to ask to a local seller to get answers after pretty much everyone online was saying that they only made the EX but a review on YT stated otherwise. Turned out the review was correct.

Quote:
Amazing piece, love mine.
No doubt, i think it might be my absolute favorite JP full body statue at the moment (have yet to receive the Chronicle 1:5 Rex).
Perfect paint scheme, perfect paint application, perfect finish. An absolutely killer and super rare combo.
Have just some little issues with the slightly elongated snout, and the fact it's too big next to the P1 Rex compared to the movie, but it could also be a different animal than the sick one in the film, larger and with slightly different traits so i'm fine with that.

I also love how it's better sculpted and heavier than P1 Rex, and heavy as hell in general, and being just one piece came with no issue whatsoever (unlike my P1 Rex which won't properly fit into the base).

The EX paddock sign, just like the EX goat, were moved into the Iron Studios 1:10 section since i think they just fit, scale and blend better there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATthemes View Post
I got my EX at my local retailer a few months ago. I believe I was also 1 of a few that obtained this one in Europe so early.
Most anticipated one I'm waiting for is the Spinosaurus EX.
Are there new details about the exclusive part? Will it be life size?
Haven't managed to get a definitive answer, and will also sadly not get the piece, but i think it's safe to assume the EX will be 1:1.
And that would be a total flex on CC, like "we offer a product you sold for $200 as an Exclusive piece, and also do a better job with it".
Oh well, the CC one had an awesome base at least.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #143
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

My economy shipping just got adjusted to $421!!! Are this people crazy?
Old 04-14-2021, 09:41 AM   #144
ambulanceartist
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Yeah I got an email this morning that the packaging size change and shipping would be increased. But $200 more?!
ambulanceartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:57 AM   #145
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Yeah I got an email this morning that the packaging size change and shipping would be increased. But $200 more?!
I mean, i know the piece is huge but...damn. If it wasn't because im dying for that piece, i would have cancelled.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:25 AM   #146
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Quote:
Wish i could complain for 421 dollars.. shipping and custom fees for the 1:5 Rex costed me $2.715.

It's utterly insane how expensive this hobby became in just the last few years, and especially for those of us in Europe.

Wonder if P1 will ditch the overcharged shipping in time for the Rotunda Rex, but it's hard to feel optimistic at this point.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #147
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Quote:
its absolutely insane.

i get the heebie-jeebies ordering direct from Prime 1. They got us by the balls. Produce the product we "NEED" and then shipping times they can bend us over and there's nothing we can do about it.

they did this in the start of COVID jacked up the shipping prices everyone freaked out contacted them then they corrected it or some ---- now it seems like it's now higher than before.

i'd rather buy @ BBTS upfront a little higher but theres no surprises.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:58 AM   #148
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Wish i could complain for 421 dollars.. shipping and custom fees for the 1:5 Rex costed me $2.715.

It's utterly insane how expensive this hobby became in just the last few years, and especially for those of us in Europe.

Wonder if P1 will ditch the overcharged shipping in time for the Rotunda Rex, but it's hard to feel optimistic at this point.
madness
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:37 PM   #149
ambulanceartist
Fantastic Four

On another note though does this mean this is ahead of schedule or do they use a canned “Your item is ready to ship (shipping fee adjustment)” email. Would reduce some of the pain if we're getting it months earlier than the estimated September-December timeframe.

Edit: I just checked my account and I’m being charged the balance on 4/26, so it must be shipping early? Do items ever ship 4-7 months ahead of schedule?
ambulanceartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #150
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
On another note though does this mean this is ahead of schedule or do they use a canned “Your item is ready to ship (shipping fee adjustment)” email. Would reduce some of the pain if we're getting it months earlier than the estimated September-December timeframe.

Edit: I just checked my account and I’m being charged the balance on 4/26, so it must be shipping early? Do items ever ship 4-7 months ahead of schedule?
It happens. If production was smooth but this paint job is not easy. Hopefully they nailed it.