Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-30-2021, 03:19 AM   #141
Frogtown
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
This would’ve sold like hot cakes had it not even had a COH and been a bit cheaper. As it stands, I don’t see the price justification here. It’ll still sell, but it’s no grand slam due to the price and poor coh.
Agree. I'm gonna hold out for Iron Studios and go from there.
Frogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 03:43 AM   #142
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I would love a Beast reading a book, like the animated series, Hank spend much of his time as an intelectual, sad people just want to show him as a blue Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I would also have liked Beast with a book or behind a desk. That would have captured the character better.
It doesn't always have to be a roaring action pose.

My first thought was also that this is a hairy blue Hulk.
Valid, because that would fit his character, but I think most of us want something that displays well alongside our existing 1/4 X-Men rather than a stand alone piece. Any 1/4 versions of Gambit, Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine and Psylocke from XM or SS are in battle poses; Beast reading a book just doesn’t fit in.

Sideshow did something like what y’all are saying but it was 1/5. And it was cat Beast. I like it but I don’t collect 1/5.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 03:48 AM   #143
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
This would’ve sold like hot cakes had it not even had a COH and been a bit cheaper. As it stands, I don’t see the price justification here. It’ll still sell, but it’s no grand slam due to the price and poor coh.
Yeah, this is why people wait for Sideshow. If this same exact statue was made and sold by sideshow it would cost less.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:13 AM   #144
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next 1:4 MARVEL X-Men Premium Collectibles series statue, Beast! As one of the original X-Men he is also brilliant, well educated in arts and sciences. Known for his sense of humor and intellectual references to distract his foes. This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish.

Henry "Hank" McCoy, was born a mutant who showed the signs of his being different from birth with his unusually large hands and feet. He was invited by Professor Charles Xavier to join the team of teenage mutant heroes and enroll in the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. Unable to resist the temptation of a private institution that could offer him limitless academic opportunities, Hank accepted. Hank's days were rich with differential equations, Proust and workouts in the Danger Room."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:04 AM   #145
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I get the criticism of the second portrait, it's quite horrible... But is anyone really surprised by the cost? XM X-Men statues have all been this price, or above. There was almost no chance of this being sub $900 USD, frankly that would have been more shocking.

I knew what I was getting into, so it was an easy day one PO for me. My biggest gripe and I know they won't do anything but they really should fix the second portrait. I can't imagine any situation a single person uses it over the main one.... Thankfully I love the other one and you can only display one at a time, it just comes off as trying to gouge a few extra dollars and being out of touch with you audience.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:51 AM   #146
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Valid, because that would fit his character, but I think most of us want something that displays well alongside our existing 1/4 X-Men rather than a stand alone piece. Any 1/4 versions of Gambit, Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine and Psylocke from XM or SS are in battle poses; Beast reading a book just doesn’t fit in.
Yes, when everyone screams and someone in the group reads a book, it looks strange

Thank you for the link. I didn't know the statue
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:27 AM   #147
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yeah, this is why people wait for Sideshow. If this same exact statue was made and sold by sideshow it would cost less.
If this was made by Sideshow with the copied (mirror) pose from Rogue, people would be talking ---- left and right. But, XM always gets a pass. Really shows how one-sided people are. Plus, the portrait with the glasses is so bad, I thought it was a meme.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:55 AM   #148
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
If this was made by Sideshow with the copied (mirror) pose from Rogue, people would be talking ---- left and right. But, XM always gets a pass. Really shows how one-sided people are. Plus, the portrait with the glasses is so bad, I thought it was a meme.
Same. I thought someone was making a funny meme. It's just terrible.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:39 PM   #149
AC_808
Hercules

I like what I see. Don't care that it has the mirror pose as XM Rogue because I'm not getting that XM Rogue. However, I'm doubting his size right now. Not sure if his size will match my other X-Men. And I do agree on the price. The price just seems a bit high for what this statue is giving us.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:02 PM   #150
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:

Sideshow did something like what y’all are saying but it was 1/5. And it was cat Beast. I like it but I don’t collect 1/5.
exactly. reading or thinking is great for Beast, but it wouldn't fit in with the other x-men.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote