Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #141
ratchet
Mandarin

I just picked up the Captain America and Fantastic Four 1 Omnibus for $90. Gotta love shop owners willing to haggle!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #142
patrickwm68
The Flash

Does anyone actually sit down and read these things? LOL I've had the Simonson Thor for a while now and I still can't bring myself to sit down and crack that big a$$ thing open.

Hopefully they're release a Werewolf by Night Omnibus.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #143
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Does anyone actually sit down and read these things? LOL I've had the Simonson Thor for a while now and I still can't bring myself to sit down and crack that big a$$ thing open.

It's funny you ask - I am reading the Wolverine one right now
Old 07-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #144
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post

I'm reading the alias one at the moment...

Not easy, but what's the point of having them if you don't read them?
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #145
protector2814
Phoenix

I read them. It just involves a little pre-planning - Table+Omnibus+beer.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #146
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I'm reading the alias one at the moment...

Not easy, but what's the point of having them if you don't read them?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #147
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
So am I, but I drew the line at the Avengers Civil War tome. I don't want to spend some substantial dough and space for a book where 18 out of the 20 issues therein I already have collected elsewhere in a hardcover. Except for The Invincible Iron Man (IV) # 014 and Civil War: Fallen Son Daily Bugle Special, everyhing else is also collected in the Brubaker Cap Omnibus, New Avengers OHCs and Ms. Marvel Premieres.

I don't mind some overlapping, but that's just silly.

In that respect, I'm also considering whether I should buy the new Siege OHC, since I already own the New Avengers and Dark Avengers stuff in their respective HC books.

I think most of us collectors are quite OCD. Wouldn't you like the spine on your 'Best of Spider-Man Vol 1' to match the rest of them? I know I would!

Oooh, you should definitely pick it up. I think it's on its second print now, but don't try your luck. It's a gorgeous book, and I'm not even a DC guy, but the Catwoman covers are worth the admission price alone.
Yeah mate, The Avengers one REALLY tested my mettle, and even though I own it AND the New Avengers HC, I dont have the other premiere HCs so I could just, JUST rationalize it in my head

I've preordered the Dark Avengers Oversized HC (which collects the entire, vastly underrated run) and also the upcoming Siege HC, which means my sister who is also a fan in gonna end up with my premiere Siege edition

SOOOOO understand the Spidey comment, it's the same with one of the Ennis Punisher HC's

Will track down that Hughes book now, you've convinced me
Old 07-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #148
ratchet
Mandarin

WOW - I just went to NH and a book shop there had some comics and such. One of them happened to be the FF Omnibus Volume 1. I was pretty excited as I wanted it - but it was priced at $89.99 and I wasn't looking to spend that much. I brought it up to the counter and asked how set the price was and was there any room to haggle - the man behind the counter made a mistake - in my book - and said that he'd look on ebay to see what they are selling for.

Well, he looked it up and saw that some sold for around $50. He said "Sh!t, $50? Damnit! I don't think I can go that low. How about $85?"

I said no thanks.

"What about $80?"

I told him that I was all set and thanked him for his time.

"Alright, how much do you think you'd pay for it? Keep in mind you get to SEE this book and know the condition - it's a first print - and they even print the original letters columns in it - that's pretty unique!"

I told him $65. He said $75. I said no thanks. The guy behind the counter slammed his palm against the counter and said "Fine! $65! Goddamn ebay!"

I hate when shop owners look up stuff on ebay to give you a price - this time it bit the guy in the ass.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #149
xXx
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Haven't picked that one up yet!! Good Buy!!
xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #150
Rocket
Art of Mod

Just got back from the LCS after picking up this week's release of the Jason Aaron Wolverine Omnibus! Cannot wait to dig into this!

Also got me thinking that we REALLY need a two or three volume set of the entire run of New Mutants in Omni form