Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #141
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

now i am sad. I have to wait for a Batman PF Bale version.. I dont want a 1/4 scale doll to match my Joker PF ...
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #142
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
now i am sad. I have to wait for a Batman PF Bale version.. I dont want a 1/4 scale doll to match my Joker PF ...
I am sorry for those including my self that like that Bale Batman by Hot Toys but that is ----ing hilarious!

I totally understand where u are coming from but Hot Toys Bale Batman figure/doll is still really good. However, you are right it won't look right next to a Ledger Joker statue.

I think they are working on a Bale as Batman PF right? Wasn't it one of their WIP videos, with the Reeve PF?
Darkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #143
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
Yeah with the messy make up, I have my EB Joker posed like that now, well sort of. He is holding the knife in the other hand because EBs tailoring is so poor that the sleeves are too long, thus, they cover his fist!
this is why the EB joker never interested me, I saw it in person and the tailoring on the outfit was just too off for me. im sure sideshow will be able to do a much better job, just look at the joker pf - perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
different strokes for different folks but I CANT WAIT to see side by side comparisons of the SS dark knight and hot toys 1/4 dark knight... I give ss more credit than a lot of people on here, theyre one of the only collectible companies ill buy from - but this is hot toys' fourth go at the dark knight suit. it took them this long to get it right, other companies have tried too but its never dead on. I hope it comes out great though regardless, if its better ill sell the hot toys' version no prob
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #144
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
this is why the EB joker never interested me, I saw it in person and the tailoring on the outfit was just too off for me.
But you were happy with everything else other than the tailoring?

Quote:
im sure sideshow will be able to do a much better job, just look at the joker pf - perfect!
Yeah sideshow rules at tailoring they got such a hot chick there Torri or something that does the tailoring. Her beauty is alined with her talent.

Of course there are other tailors as well, just thought I would mention her.

Quote:
different strokes for different folks but I CANT WAIT to see side by side comparisons of the SS dark knight and hot toys 1/4 dark knight... I give ss more credit than a lot of people on here, theyre one of the only collectible companies ill buy from - but this is hot toys' fourth go at the dark knight suit. it took them this long to get it right, other companies have tried too but its never dead on. I hope it comes out great though regardless, if its better ill sell the hot toys' version no prob
So do you think it is possible for sideshow to nail the suit on their first go?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:04 AM   #145
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I don't think Sideshow's resin casting will be able to match the kind of detail HT produces. But that's what I assume. And SS' level of detailing varies from piece to piece.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #146
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
But you were happy with everything else other than the tailoring?
I don't remember, I saw it a long time I go - what I do remember was not being impressed after hearing so much about it.

Quote:
So do you think it is possible for sideshow to nail the suit on their first go?
theres no way of telling that until we see something from sideshow. I just think theres a lot of factors that go into making it perfect. the size of the armor plates, the finish and color, the look of the carbon fiber plates, the cowl and bale chin. like I said hot toys has perfected all this by trial and error through 4 sculpts. dc direct, kotobukiya, medicom have all attempted but failed in my opinion to nail the likeness.

but like I said I would love for sideshow to prove me wrong, I would sell the hot toys 1/4 in a heartbeat for a perfect ss pf
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #147
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I will eat my EB Joker if Sideshow's comes out looking even close to it . . . and that's a promise
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #148
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
I don't remember, I saw it a long time I go - what I do remember was not being impressed after hearing so much about it.
Ah k, well the only thing I like about it is the paint job work, sculpt looks very real. The rest of it looks like a toy doll when I have it displayed with my other statues.

I guess I need to display it away from them then

Quote:
theres no way of telling that until we see something from sideshow. I just think theres a lot of factors that go into making it perfect. the size of the armor plates, the finish and color, the look of the carbon fiber plates, the cowl and bale chin. like I said hot toys has perfected all this by trial and error through 4 sculpts. dc direct, kotobukiya, medicom have all attempted but failed in my opinion to nail the likeness.
I was actually thinking maybe they could make the costume look more like a real suit with real mesh between the armor instead of looking like a fabric suit with plastic parts stuck onto it. Which is what the DX12 and 1/4 look like to me, it just looks so obvious that it is plastic and not real armor.

Quote:
but like I said I would love for sideshow to prove me wrong, I would sell the hot toys 1/4 in a heartbeat for a perfect ss pf
So you are actually getting it now? Have you pre ordered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I will eat my EB Joker if Sideshow's comes out looking even close to it . . . and that's a promise
I think it is possible they could probably do a better sculpt but even with a good paint job I doubt it will ever look real unless they use translucent resin or even a PVC plastic head like the bltizway Bruce Lee statue uses.

Sorry to bring this up again but why did sideshow switch from Translucent resin to polystone for that OBI WAN LSF? What are they ----ing
Old 01-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #149
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

DC Comics : The Joker The Dark Knight Premium Format Figure

Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #150
COI

Oh my Jesus.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote