Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #141
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
No kidding... I'm sick of boring poses.

Please go with the action pose P1!!!

Absolutely agree with this.

Catwoman deserves an action pose! And as far as space is concerned, are people actually grouping bunches of 1/3 scale statues together? Doesn't doing that detract from their presentation as individual pieces, especially if they aren't designed to be in a diorama from the get go? Not to mention the amount of space that would require.

Also, won't they all have similar bases with rooftop/gargoyles, etc under the statue? How many of these (Batman, Arkham Knight, Catwoman, etc) do you want all grouped together in static museum poses like that?

In my mind, I picture them spread out around the room (perhaps one in each corner if possible), and I live in a fairly small apartment.

I love the original dynamic action pose they chose for her. Very sad to see it will be changed due to "space issues".
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:04 PM   #142
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm dedicating a room of my house to this, so I plan on displaying them side by side in a row-like gallery.

Also, out of curiosity, how many statues do you own? Those of us who have been collecting for awhile find the space issue, well, AN ISSUE.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:10 PM   #143
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
Absolutely agree with this.

Catwoman deserves an action pose! And as far as space is concerned, are people actually grouping bunches of 1/3 scale statues together? Doesn't doing that detract from their presentation as individual pieces, especially if they aren't designed to be in a diorama from the get go? Not to mention the amount of space that would require.

Also, won't they all have similar bases with rooftop/gargoyles, etc under the statue? How many of these (Batman, Arkham Knight, Catwoman, etc) do you want all grouped together in static museum poses like that?

In my mind, I picture them spread out around the room (perhaps one in each corner if possible), and I live in a fairly small apartment.

I love the original dynamic action pose they chose for her. Very sad to see it will be changed due to "space issues".
Three in particular. This Catwoman, Harley and Ivy for an eventual "Gotham Sirens" display. My Bats and AK will be in another area.

By the way, they haven't chosen anything yet. They liked that dynamic pose but are considering all options with a museum-like pose being the frontrunner. That's all that's been said so far. I'm sure they'll come up with a good compromise.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #144
strife87
Spider-Ham

not to mention with such an investment people like to keep them protected in a case or display of some sort, its rather difficult when a piece has a three foot base print.

i didn't mind the first pic shown with the whip and I'm not saying it has to be "same old boring" but I'd rather see a smaller footprint on it, and i liked the museum pose as well, which will display a bit easier
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:02 PM   #145
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

1 vote for dynamic pose
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:21 PM   #146
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
1 vote for dynamic pose
Same here! Good for a change. Got tired of so many standing poses.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:04 PM   #147
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Museum pose = tree log. I guarantee many will get bored with the museum pose after displaying it for an amount of time. Museum pose is like a point and shoot. Not even good to do photography work on it since it's so boring. No intention of comparing but look at the dynamic pose from every XM piece.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #148
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Guess they should just drop the Museum from the "Museum Masterline Series" brand while they're at it. The beauty in these for me are the details and the presence. I can guarantee you I won't be getting bored with these "tree logs".
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #149
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Guess they should just drop the Museum from the "Museum Masterline Series" brand while they're at it. The beauty in these for me are the details and the presence. I can guarantee you I won't be getting bored with these "tree logs".
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:53 PM   #150
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
By the way, they haven't chosen anything yet. They liked that dynamic pose but are considering all options with a museum-like pose being the frontrunner. That's all that's been said so far. I'm sure they'll come up with a good compromise.
Kira seemed to indicate (initially) back on pg 7 or 8 that they were going with the dynamic pose which is why I made that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
Hi guys ! Catwoman will be fully sculpt dit the fact she is extremely details so we want to be 100% accurate.

Her pose will be same as the poster with multiple portraits, arms and accessories.

If you guys have any request to be add on this Catwoman let us know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
Recently shown one with dynamic pose our team loved it

Don't get me wrong, I understand how that pose could cause space issues for some (even me to a degree), but with respect, why collect 1/3 scale statues then? It's just an odd trade off to me to value size constraint over artistic selection/pose especially if their art team seemed to love that other dynamic pose as Kira stated.

Anyway, I guess nothing is set in stone yet so I'll wait and see how it all shakes out. I'm sure it will be great however they decide to go. Just prefered that action pose or something similar over a standing pose.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote