Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-01-2021, 08:44 PM   #141
Demona
Lex Luthor

Looks fantastic. I’m looking forward to seeing fun in-hand collector photos.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 03:38 AM   #142
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
At the end of the day it’s a version of Spiderman to me that had a shelf life of one major story arc and poof it’s gone . Too many statues being made and choices being offered plus expensive prices and shipping put the nail in coffin on this one for me . Easy pass
Yeah it’s known for one major arc, but it does pop up frequently across various media.

Yeah MCU changed it to be not too far off from his familiar red and blue look, but still, it has gold and the robot legs

I get what you’re saying, it’s similar to Gladiator Hulk in that regard. But this is Spidey’s most popular costume outside of Traditional red & blue and Symbiote/Black costume.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #143
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
At the end of the day it’s a version of Spiderman to me that had a shelf life of one major story arc and poof it’s gone . Too many statues being made and choices being offered plus expensive prices and shipping put the nail in coffin on this one for me . Easy pass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah it’s known for one major arc, but it does pop up frequently across various media.

Yeah MCU changed it to be not too far off from his familiar red and blue look, but still, it has gold and the robot legs

I get what you’re saying, it’s similar to Gladiator Hulk in that regard. But this is Spidey’s most popular costume outside of Traditional red & blue and Symbiote/Black costume.
I agree with both points here. I am a huge Spider-Man fan and I think this is definitely one of the Top 5 suits. Even with a short story arc.
As far as the statue itself- Spider-Man to me is a lot like Batman.
Tons of Suits and a huge rouges gallery. And whatever they decide to create it sells.
So yeah there are other things that will get shelved do to this being made, but in the end it’s a business..
I also believe if this was the same market say 10 years ago this would be sold out day 1. Prices have gone up waayyy to fast. And you definitely have to pick and choose what you purchase. It was alot easier when I paid $250 for a 1/4 scale premium format statue that’s for damn sure.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:33 PM   #144
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It means zero to me honestly no offence . Spiderman to me had two suits red and black it will always be that way for me . My tastes .

Side note if I had the space and money I’d def add this as I do love all things Spiderman . There is hypocrisy in my statement . I really can’t have it all so this one won’t be added
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:57 PM   #145
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
It means zero to me honestly no offence . Spiderman to me had two suits red and black it will always be that way for me . My tastes .

Side note if I had the space and money I’d def add this as I do love all things Spiderman . There is hypocrisy in my statement . I really can’t have it all so this one won’t be added
No offense taken. It doesn’t have to mean anything to you, we all have different tastes, nothing wrong with that. But personal tastes don’t change reality, it’s proven to be a very popular costume either way. At this rate various media are adapting it before they even do Symbiote/Black.

Anyway XM might get me on Rhino where I like the added detail, but I’m sticking to Sideshow for Iron Spider-Man. I just like the plainer, sleeker, more natural look, especially juxtaposed next an Iron Man who’s bulkier and more mechanical looking. Although anybody picking this up can’t go wrong, it still looks good.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:25 PM   #146
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I wish the XM iron Spider-Man’s leg wasn’t pinned to him . If they had slightly opened them up it would have looked cooler imo
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #147
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures by Ang Seng

"Iron spidey looks good... factory production wips... happy collecting...", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:20 PM   #148
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Looking good so far.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #149
Frankierock
Inhumans

The more I see of this , the more I’m going to probably have to pick this up at some point.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 05:15 PM   #150
Liho
Fantastic Four

Love the statue, hate the base.
Liho is offline   Reply With Quote