Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
well done sir

yeah a lot of things just seem "off" and those arent claws theyre katanas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh LBS....
Tell me you don't understand Wolverine's claws without telling me you don't understand Wolverine's claws...

I'm chuckling at how one of the display options is one of the least liked version of Logan there ever was.

Mm hmm ...the claws are so long when Logan retracts them they'll stick out from his elbows.

LBS didn't have to make the claws that long.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 01:59 PM   #142
MPCanes
The X-Men

Looking at a few recent previews, it feels like we're in an era of over-texturing. Like, we get it, ya'll are good at ZBrush and 3D printing has gotten better, but good lord...
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 02:07 PM   #143
nearmint
Phoenix

"Thank you for the initial feedback. The LBS team will be reevaluating the length of both bone and metal claw switch outs to be closer to the length of Wolverine?s forearm."
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 02:30 PM   #144
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That's a start re-working the length of the claws. I figure by now that they know that the claws should never be longer than his forearm.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:14 PM   #145
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

I can't believe what I'm reading, people -----ing about texture overload! Before there wasn't enough texture now we're complaining about texture overload and how his knee isn't showing vs how long and accurate his claws should be in proportion to his freakin elbow! Seriously, even the comics weren't proportionate! Now you want a bodybuilder. Not a statue of a fictional character that has healing powers & claws coming out of his forearms! Jeez, u people are NEVER happy!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:32 PM   #146
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Think this looks pretty gorgeous.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:01 AM   #147
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
Think this looks pretty gorgeous.
Same.
Wasn't as taken with the bare proto, but this looks great to me fully painted up.

I've been 100% satisfied with the SSC PF on the sentinel hand for this character. But if I'm being honest, I like the looks of this more, in many ways (claw length aside).

Not looking to add any more pre-orders though, so I'll just be making do with the SSC- but congrats to whoever ends up with this.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 12:48 AM   #148
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I liked the longer claws… peeps need to keep quiet lol
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 01:38 AM   #149
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
I can't believe what I'm reading, people -----ing about texture overload! Before there wasn't enough texture now we're complaining about texture overload and how his knee isn't showing vs how long and accurate his claws should be in proportion to his freakin elbow! Seriously, even the comics weren't proportionate! Now you want a bodybuilder. Not a statue of a fictional character that has healing powers & claws coming out of his forearms! Jeez, u people are NEVER happy!

The claws do seem a bit long, but overall I dig this, texture included.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 01:46 AM   #150
pdenham
Teen Titans

Texture that seems scaled more for a 1:1 figure is something that has been a quality of some of LBS' output since Captain America.

I posted before that one was delivered that I'd expected I would want to sand down some of those surfaces and repaint them because they just looked too much for that scale.

In hand, however, it wasn't the big deal I expected them to be. From several feet away all those textures came across as more natural and appropriate than they looked in pics.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote