Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-18-2023, 10:59 PM   #141
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I know Sorceress is happening, we all do. They revealed the mockup already. I also get that they didn't want to do the females all at once. Common sense, and David informed me of that. Because you are happy with the release schedule doesn't mean others are going to be. This is an opinion based thread, statues you regret buying. I regret getting the piece. I actually regret buying it because they produced so many that there is no way I am going to get close to what I paid for it and yes, I do think about that. There are two versions still on sideshow and they have been on sale numerous times.
Oh I'm not trying to sway your opinion other than there is good hope for a sorceress. They made a lot but that Teela is very good so I don't blame them.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 01:02 AM   #142
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I know Sorceress is happening, we all do. They revealed the mockup already. I also get that they didn't want to do the females all at once. Common sense, and David informed me of that. Because you are happy with the release schedule doesn't mean others are going to be. This is an opinion based thread, statues you regret buying. I regret getting the piece. I actually regret buying it because they produced so many that there is no way I am going to get close to what I paid for it and yes, I do think about that. There are two versions still on sideshow and they have been on sale numerous times.

Yup ...we know Sorceress is coming. But would really love it if they did the full reveal already. Need to feel the excitement again.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 01:03 AM   #143
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Grace was a major dud. One of the most disappointing pieces ever for me.

Same here. Not sure what happened there because the Aspen PF was really gorgeous. Thought the Grace PF would be just as great.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 10:36 AM   #144
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Same here. Not sure what happened there because the Aspen PF was really gorgeous. Thought the Grace PF would be just as great.
I personally do enjoy seeing her on my desk and do keep the Aspen in the back of my mind as she will be a grail search for me for sure.

Oddly enough for the fact that some peeps did not care too much for the final on how Grace turned out.....she sold out. strange.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 10:39 AM   #145
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I personally do enjoy seeing her on my desk and do keep the Aspen in the back of my mind as she will be a grail search for me for sure.

Oddly enough for the fact that some peeps did not care too much for the final on how Grace turned out.....she sold out. strange.
I don't think sold out means anything, does it. Doesn't everything sell out eventually?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 10:41 AM   #146
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

Everything sells out eventually. And you're free to like it, but it wasn't Grace. It was cherub-faced teen cosplayer pretending to be Grace.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 11:28 AM   #147
SDguy

Quote:
Everything sells out eventually. And you're free to like it, but it wasn't Grace. It was cherub-faced teen cosplayer pretending to be Grace.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 11:40 AM   #148
Onewiththeforce
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

cosplay.

Quote:
LOL!!!!

I had never thought of that before.

Well I guess the one that we may be able to agree on is that cosplay is cool!!! LOL!!!!!

And in the spirit of cosplay.......

and to brighten everyone's morning, I took the liberty. LOL!!!!!

Happy Holidays all!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	166750   Click image for larger version

Name:	g2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	166751   Click image for larger version

Name:	g3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	166752   Click image for larger version

Name:	g4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	166753   Click image for larger version

Name:	g5.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	166754  

Click image for larger version

Name:	g6.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	526.9 KB
ID:	166755   Click image for larger version

Name:	g7.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	166756   Click image for larger version

Name:	g8.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	166757   Click image for larger version

Name:	g9.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	166758   Click image for larger version

Name:	g10.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	166759  

Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:02 PM   #149
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I wouldn't say regret, but disappointed. Bought an Ada Wong statue that isn't license and came in the mail last week. The seams on the arms will always hold back that statue. It's ok from a distance, but up close those seams are obvious. I paid about 400 for this statue, which is a 1/4 A 1/4 scale statue at 400 is relative cheap for a 1/4 scale statue in todays market. Probably move this statue into the garage with all my gym equipment once I need to make space for other more impressive statues. Moral of the story, probably not buy anymore non license statues, seems to be a hit or miss when it comes to the quality of the statue. In retro spec, I shouldn't have expected a very high quality statue from a sub 500 statue.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 07:01 PM   #150
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
LOL!!!!

I had never thought of that before.

Well I guess the one that we may be able to agree on is that cosplay is cool!!! LOL!!!!!

And in the spirit of cosplay.......

and to brighten everyone's morning, I took the liberty. LOL!!!!!

Happy Holidays all!!
Happy Holidays to you too
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote