Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-26-2024, 07:44 AM   #141
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
New incoming.

Wow, turn your back for a minute and yet another brilliant Sideshow entry/attack? 2024 is the year of PFs, pulling out all stops, unprecedented!

I'm digging how Sideshow is depicting these gals in action/fierce mode with beautiful lines and flow, and the brilliant base is a master stroke. Great sculpt.

Bravo Sideshow!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:00 AM   #142
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Hopefully they make a new Daredevil pf in classic costume.
I'd like to see that. I would prefer a less grandiose sculpt than this Elektra though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:22 AM   #143
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Which is why a 1/4 statue of him wouldn't sell. Get real, guys.
I would grab one.

Some of my fondest memories in having collected DD comics when I did were from back in the Frank Miller days when Elektra was brought around and then she was killed by Bullseye and there was some great art showcasing the Hand, the white ninja, Stick, etc.

I get that a Stick would most likely never get made.

But it's fun to chat about it.

And to quote our lovely, late Princess from our favorite Sci Fi franchise.......

"Hope!"
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:41 AM   #144
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Frenchie has gone bye bye

That said, I can't wait for the next installment
Explanation is that simple: I didn't order the previous Elektra since my elder son had already ordered one. I thought, ok , one is enough in the family. What a dumb idea it was...
I do like this one, everything is perfect I think, but it seems I still prefer the Harbottle's work. It's a fight, my dear IcedDog. A tough one. Who will win?

A fight?? Where? WHERE?

I'm not ready!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:38 AM   #145
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
It's a fight, my dear IcedDog. A tough one. Who will win?
The drama!

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 04:18 PM   #146
Onewiththeforce

I think that part of the problem is that we may be at the point where our collections and display space is getting so tight and in addition the prices are getting so incredibly high that people are getting really picky/choosy/particular with the pieces they are going to want to grab and add.

I know that for me.......rehashes or revisits are REALLY going to take a back seat or be placed on my list of non-priorities as I don't have the space,..........I am looking to complete specific lines and/or teams..........and if the previous piece that was made was excellent already, it will be even harder to replace.

That said, this has nothing to do with the quality of pieces as SS is killing it lately. It's just about (for me) the things listed above. It gets tricky.

Dazzler has never been done yest in 1/4 scale for licensed company. I think that aside from the hard core fans, even those who were/are not fans truly appreciated this effort and still gave the props where they deserved for SS jumping on that wagon of providing another home run for a piece that was not expected.

That is a wonderful thing and I do feel that they continue to ride that wave as it seems to be a wave that many of us can jump on board with.

But take Elektra.....I LOVE this character!! HANDS DOWN!!!!!! Easy. This is why when I missed out on her recent PF I was so sad and fought the good fight and patiently waited for that right grab on the aftermarket where everything fell into place for me to have the EX. In my opinion, the last PF of Elektra was pretty darn close to perfection.

Now if that last PF reveal would have been a rehash/revisit of a character that had last been done in 1/4 scale but may had been shy of lackluster, boring, not well done, not representing the character to the best of that character's ability for example like a Classic costumed Felicia-Black Widow (proper costume, etc)...... I think that revisit/rehash would have had a more welcoming reception if that were the case for a rehash/revisit. I know that for myself, I would have more than jumped on that wagon to grab a new one if it were to be a rehash/revisit of that classic costume for Felicia.

But again, these are just my opinions and thoughts.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:39 AM   #147
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Just realized this release may mean another DD?!

Sideshow make him lean, mean, swinging/flipping/whatever action pose, showcasing movement, balance, and grace, before DD is about to kick some serious arse.

Another major hole in this collecting quest, hoping Bel or Harbottle bedevils us! I'm ready,.................................... for hell.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:43 AM   #148
Onewiththeforce

I would be so happy with a 1/4 scale Bullseye in a very dynamic action pose. No need for an unmasked switchout......won't display it otherwise. But bring on the cool weapons switchouts please.

This would be welcomed I'm sure for most DD fans.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:52 AM   #149
AC_808
Hercules

That would be great if SSC releases a new DD PF. Hopefully a classic comic based version since I missed the DD from Iron Studios.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 02:14 PM   #150
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C33De...ZqejBxdms3b3Yz

or

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YXOFwcu8P_A
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote