Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #1491
Manu81
The Spirit

I can't stop looking at the video paul posted few weeks ago, working on the fence, and I really like the break out! paint job looks the same than the pieces people is posting here. At that point I can't say that the paintjob is the same than the proto but I still love it! I suppose that I am used to this kind of changes with sideshow and thats why I expected more or less this result. I also think that this statues are much better in person.

I can't wait to get mine and I'm sure I will love it (I is expected to arrive in april)

thats why I hope that we won't have humans in the raptors in the kitchen diorama, even if in the proto they look awesome, when you paint 1000 statues it is very dificult to nail faces and details...
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #1492
daz1999
Mephisto

I've waited a long time for this piece so I'll wait and see for myself but admittedly it's not looking positive, I think the body is ok but the head doesn't fill me with confidence, I was hoping for a good factory paint job but I have always planned to repaint it if it's not up to scratch, so I'll be keeping it regardless, but still......
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #1493
Doge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Oh dear...

I can confirm that my breakout rex looks more or less the same, these pics are definitely better than what i took
Doge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #1494
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Head looks completely different from the body. Even colors don't match.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #1495
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

It's like a seasoned painter worked on the body and a newb done the head.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #1496
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

exactly, the body actually looks very good!!! but the head is a different story.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #1497
ALI3NS
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
exactly, the body actually looks very good!!! but the head is a different story.
Agreed...the body appears fairly well painted but the head is a train wreck.

The body looks to be airbrushed with some nicely blended colors/application but the head appears to have been painted by brush with little or no care or refinement in color or application. I can't even attempt to explain the choice to paint the tongue in the same color as the outer jaws (overspray?) with black spots.

Nobody asked me, but if I were CC, I'd have every one of these T-rex heads repainted to the standard we saw in the "production" photos/videos.
ALI3NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #1498
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Body is great just needs little tweeks here and there for the head hopefully they can we they QC them
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #1499
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I am really looking forward to this piece. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of returning as I didn't order directly from CC. I hate to say after all this time, that I'm starting to agree with the general consensus here, that the head looks almost completely different tonally from the body. Beggers can't be choosers for a product like this that we've all been waiting 20+ years for, but the pics aren't doing the face much favours
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #1500
Goodbytes
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Oh dear...

Shame about the way these Breakouts are turning out..

The body paint job is AMAZING yet the face paint on all of these are just not good. If the statue was somewhere around $350 I wouldn't complain, but for the price it's a huge punch in the gut.

The pictures posted by Chronicle are not indicative of the run of statues -- maybe some will look like that in the end, but clearly thee factory is pumping out sub-par quality and Chronicle should really look into it.

Flashbacks to the Sideshow JP statue rex face.
Goodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote