Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-13-2021, 06:05 PM   #1501
DUTCH_IS_BADASS
Frackin!

Yeah like I said it’s far from a deal breaker but I sent that few days ago, if they grant it or not, doesn’t matter but they will see the email for sure

If by some miracle they do it, I know nobody but me will be happy about it but hey atleast you know who made it happen
DUTCH_IS_BADASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:06 PM   #1502
DUTCH_IS_BADASS
Frackin!

Someone mentioned the medi kit can be opened up and put on the base for another look display, I like that one
Old 07-13-2021, 06:12 PM   #1503
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUTCH_IS_BADASS View Post
Someone mentioned the medi kit can be opened up and put on the base for another look display, I like that one
The medkit and shoulder cannon is detachable and can be placed onto the base.

I'm pretty sure the medkit doesn't open up, it's just one solid piece with the cannon.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:24 PM   #1504
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
How long does it take Prime 1 to answer questions by email, it’s been 2 days now and no reply to me. I was just wondering if that’s the norm
Sometimes 2 days, sometimes a week.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:28 PM   #1505
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
about possible hand to hold trophy on the left hand, medi kit open feature, I just had to try even if I’m the only one that asked for it, no inclusion doesn’t matter, the statue is already amazing, hand to hold the medi kit, that’s it
No. Right hand is more movie accurate. PS: Spine and hand is sculpted as one piece. You can't switch between right or left.

I always vote for movie accuracy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjWVWLTAHaU
Old 07-13-2021, 06:41 PM   #1506
DUTCH_IS_BADASS
Frackin!

The 1/4 Big game cover art Predator had the trophy in his left hand and that statue is 100% Jungle Hunter but for licensing issues it’s not labeled Predator 1
Old 07-13-2021, 07:06 PM   #1507
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
The 1/4 Big game cover art Predator had the trophy in his left hand and that statue is 100% Jungle Hunter but for licensing issues it’s not labeled Predator 1
It's not even on the same level as 1:3 Pred. Not even close. PS: Still one of the best Predator statues out there. Way better that Sideshow etc.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:42 PM   #1508
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
It's not even on the same level as 1:3 Pred. Not even close. PS: Still one of the best Predator statues out there. Way better that Sideshow etc.
after scrolling through the Pred pics i posted earlier, i appreciate the Big Game 1/4 even more than i ever have. It's art direction is magnificent. i was hard on the pose because i wanted a museum pose, but my goodness the piece has some magic to it, no doubt. I think a solid argument can be made that it can give the SS EX Maquette and even the CM Pred a legitimate run for their money (which is nothing to sneeze at)...and it's easily the best Pred statue in the under $2000 price range.

but this new 1/3 is just...out of this world.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:52 PM   #1509
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

the pose looks to be a simple museum pose, but there is a lot of intensity to it. I love how he's leaning forward on the front-half of the base. It's a simple pose, but it's definitely an aggressive, threatening pose.

and this head, it's ridiculously awesome. I was being foolish a couple weeks back saying it was no-good. The trifecta of this head, the open mouth and the closed mouth on this pose, in this scale, with this level of detail . . . brings a tear to my eye.

We've seen a lotta pics of the statue straight on, but where i think the piece shines from this angle and the angle above.

It's just perfect. Absolutely perfect....here come the comments about the knee pads
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:59 PM   #1510
Dundee
Hydra

I've trained myself to stop looking at prototype pics more than once every few days (less I fall in love with the pics and not the actual piece).

Looks like my streak has been broken yet again LOL
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote