Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #1511
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
The paint apps are incredible on this piece and it has one of the most beautiful portraits I’ve ever seen on a statue.
Agreed.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #1512
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I just unboxed mine and have posted pics on FB. Yes, mine has the same bleeding issue as everyone else’s, but other than that, mine is flawless - literally. The paint apps are incredible on this piece and it has one of the most beautiful portraits I’ve ever seen on a statue. It’s still a stunning piece despite the issue with the cape. Gonna keep it regardless as my sister is a master seamstress. I sent her pics of the cape already and she’s quite certain she can replicate it with higher grade materials. I’m good no matter what the outcome is with the current capes. I do hope SS replaces all the capes with something better. It’s the right thing to do.

I'm already on the run, but got a bit of a head start on you! I feel a little safer now knowing they will catch you before me, lol.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #1513
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

LOL! I’ll try to catch up and escape my tormentors. It’s just too beautiful of a statue to part with. Just imagine how much more incredible it could have looked had the cape been fully sculpted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post

I'm already on the run, but got a bit of a head start on you! I feel a little safer now knowing they will catch you before me, lol.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:23 PM   #1514
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
LOL! I’ll try to catch up and escape my tormentors. It’s just too beautiful of a statue to part with. Just imagine how much more incredible it could have looked had the cape been fully sculpted.
SO true.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #1515
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Is anyone removing the cape for the time being? Any chance of the purple ink bleeding onto the statue itself?
thats a legitimate concern and would advise everyone against displaying it cape on for the time being
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #1516
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I left mine at home with the cape attached. I’ll leave in a couple of hours and check on it when I get back home. I’ll be removing the cape for the time being, but will check to see if there’s any bleeding onto the statue itself. A few hours probably isn’t enough time for that to happen, but you never know.....
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #1517
nearmint
Phoenix

Just received this email from SS...

Hello Jeff,

Thank you very much for your email, and we are sorry to see the issue you are reporting on Huntress's cape. We are aware of the issue, and our team is hard at work to find the best possible solution to fix this for you. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this, and we will be contacting you as soon as possible once we have more information on how we can proceed.

If you are unhappy with the item overall, and do not wish to wait, please let us know and we will be able to return the statue for a full refund.

Again, we thank you for your patience. If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Daniel Campisi
Sideshow Returns Team
Old 10-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #1518
FROBAY
Phoenix

Got the same
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #1519
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Got the same email. I would be ecstatic if they truly fix the issue and issue replacement capes. The statue is flawless otherwise.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #1520
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Just got of the chat with the CS. Yeah, I got the same info, but as mine is going to be shipped to me in 9 days, they offered me the inspection of my statue. It might be delayed for an extra 2-4 days, but hopefully I'll get mine without the issue. Anyway, it's good to know that they are working on the solution
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote