Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #1511
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Maybe I misunderstood his post but I think he's saying he just received an extra battle damaged portrait in place of the calm portrait.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #1512
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Maybe I misunderstood his post but I think he's saying he just received an extra battle damaged portrait in place of the calm portrait.
Yep, I realized I wasn't clear on that. I got two Battle Damaged Angry portraits. My bad.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #1513
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Lmao
I thought Jpul was making a light joke. I thought he meant without the calm portrait, it's an even more Fd up version of bats.
Ahh context.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:57 PM   #1514
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Just received him. The base alone is a little over twenty pounds. Honestly I am horrified of the idea of setting him on top of a detolf. Have you guys really been able to put 40+ pound statues on a detolf without it collapsing? I have two of them side by side so it would be half on one and half on the other.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #1515
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Finally had time to open mine last night. What an incredible statue!!! In terms of weight, quality, and detail, this piece feels like a steal at almost a grand. I was skeptical at how Prime 1 was going to nail this, but dare I say this is proto quality stuff! The details on the suit are intricate, the cuts and bruising look realistic with a glossy sheen that make them look fresh, and paint apps are spot on. No paint bleeds whatsoever. The pattern on the cape and cowl look like real leather skin. I love the mud on the torn cape and the boots in that it isn't caked on but is more subtle in the application. The base is huge and heavy at around 21" wide x 11 " wide 13.5" x deep and weighs about 20 lbs with the impressive details and weathering on the shackled Mutant Leader. I didn't even try to weigh the whole statue as I could barely lift it.

It just dwarfs the Batman PF side by side and in terms of presence, it just exudes badassery. For a museum pose, his stance just tells a story of him being weary after just being through hell dismantling the Mutant Leader in the mud hole. All in all, I'm totally impressed with it! It's definitely the centrepiece on my collection and the most impressive statue that I've seen and handled up close. Everything is just weighty and it looks and feels high quality. Unfortunately I did have a paint rub/chip that's very noticeable on the front of the cape. My battle damaged portrait is chipped on the bottom as well. It sucks but I've reached out to SS. So we'll see if they are able to help me out with some replacement parts.

bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #1516
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #1517
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Just received him. The base alone is a little over twenty pounds. Honestly I am horrified of the idea of setting him on top of a detolf. Have you guys really been able to put 40+ pound statues on a detolf without it collapsing? I have two of them side by side so it would be half on one and half on the other.
God NO. Did not think you meant the glass cases. Wowzers no. I have bookshelves from Target I load on. Got confused with IKEA Pax units I believe.
My other shelves are hand mad and wood. These Detolf sheleves look not to be trusted with that piece on top.

Also, are derolfs usualy the cases we here horror stories about? Collapsed shelves and what not.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #1518
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Bicoid- fantastic pics. Thanks and Grats. Just an intense beastly presence of a statue. A+
Old 09-18-2017, 06:22 PM   #1519
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
God NO. Did not think you meant the glass cases. Wowzers no. I have bookshelves from Target I load on. Got confused with IKEA Pax units I believe.
My other shelves are hand mad and wood. These Detolf sheleves look not to be trusted with that piece on top.

Also, are derolfs usualy the cases we here horror stories about? Collapsed shelves and what not.
It wouldn't be on the glass shelf it would be on the wood top of it. Yeah they are pretty cheaply made unfortunately, but it is all I can afford or have room for.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #1520
bicoid18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
It wouldn't be on the glass shelf it would be on the wood top of it. Yeah they are pretty cheaply made unfortunately, but it is all I can afford or have room for.
I wouldn't risk it GZ. With a statue this heavy I wouldn't trust the corner support rods to hold the weight over time. I have him on a stuva cube display and I'm still worried about the weight.