Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #1521
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Tell me about it! Already 3 inches of snow on the ground, and no end in sight. Almost blizzard conditions out there right now, too. Yikes.

Yesterday, it was 74 (a new record high for the date!), and we biked all morning. Down to brunch and back again. Couldn't even wear light jackets by mid-day...great day. We made the most of the sun and heat while we had it.

So yeah, the bikes are back in the garage. Good packing snow today, though. Looks like a snowman (or snow bear or snow dragon or snow whatever) day!

We only got a couple inches before it stopped. Now it's just cold (although most of the snow on the streets has melted) and wet!

I'm staying inside today....listening to XM Radio right now. On Sundays, they play the old American Top 40 w/Casey Kasem - 1980's! I used to listen to the countdown every weekend growing up. Love the 80's music.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #1522
Jase

Quote:
I used to miss snow.

I'm sure I would if I moved out of a place where it snowed, though. Hell, I even miss ice storms, from when I lived in Illinois. Of course, I was a kid then, and didn't have to deal with the adult-view of those things.
When I moved from CO to AZ, I missed the snow...but only around Christmas. At least during the winter in Phoenix, the snow is only a couple hrs. away.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #1523
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
We only got a couple inches before it stopped. Now it's just cold (although most of the snow on the streets has melted) and wet!

I'm staying inside today....listening to XM Radio right now. On Sundays, they play the old American Top 40 w/Casey Kasem - 1980's! I used to listen to the countdown every weekend growing up. Love the 80's music.
They run old 80s AT40? Man, that's the best reason to get XM radio that I've ever heard. I listened to that every week.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #1524
Jase

Quote:
They run old 80s AT40? Man, that's the best reason to get XM radio that I've ever heard. I listened to that every week.
They do! It's every Sunday, starting at 10am and it runs until about 1:15. Commerical free, of course, and it's on channel 8. Today it's March 8, 1980!

BTW, if you go to AOL.com and click on AOL Radio, you can select XM Radio and listen for free.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #1525
Jase

I wonder if people that sent in those long distance dedications ever catch the reruns on XM? They probably would roll their eyes now thinking, "what a mistake getting involved with that guy was!"
Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #1526
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
They do! It's every Sunday, starting at 10am and it runs until about 1:15. Commerical free, of course, and it's on channel 8. Today it's March 8, 1980!

BTW, if you go to AOL.com and click on AOL Radio, you can select XM Radio and listen for free.
Hey cool! Thanks!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #1527
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
I wonder if people that sent in those long distance dedications ever catch the reruns on XM? They probably would roll their eyes now thinking, "what a mistake getting involved with that guy was!"
No doubt. Maybe a year ago, I was cleaning out some old college stuff, and found a copy of the Valentine's Day issue of the Daily Wildcat in which I'd posted a dedication to some girl I was then dating. I don't even remember which girl it was, now, but man, I just sounded so...needy or something. Yikes. It's so nice not to be 19 anymore.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #1528
Jase

Quote:
No doubt. Maybe a year ago, I was cleaning out some old college stuff, and found a copy of the Valentine's Day issue of the Daily Wildcat in which I'd posted a dedication to some girl I was then dating. I don't even remember which girl it was, now, but man, I just sounded so...needy or something. Yikes. It's so nice not to be 19 anymore.
You sound like me....a real pack rat!

I have tons of stuff from my school days still. Unlike you though, I'd love to go back to 19 again!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #1529
Teague
Iron Man

I'm listening to it right now. The Captain and Tennille! Hilarious.

Was that really in 1980? This was right around the time that I started listening to top 40 radio. Man, just so weird.

Thanks for the tip, Jase!!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #1530
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
You sound like me....a real pack rat!

I have tons of stuff from my school days still. Unlike you though, I'd love to go back to 19 again!
Well, okay...if I could go back to 19 with what I know now? I'd be unstoppable.
Closed Thread