Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #1531
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Sorry, but I need to see the full pics of the finished and painted piece to make a purchase decision, on any piece, but especially on one this pricey

Yeah, you can't do that with the XM big hitters unless you want to pay extra. As soon as I heard Erick was sculpting Thor I had to jump on board!
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #1532
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Still looking for a lead on this. If anyone can help me, shoot me a PM.
PM wanderlai, I share a name with him he was able to get one. I am on vacation so I only have my phone not too easy to dig that up again.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #1533
BDoggWhite
Birdman

He got one from piggybacking off my request for help? I'll PM him for help. Thanks!
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:15 AM   #1534
danteipp
Hellboy

I am also looking for help with locking in a XM Thor pre-order - my favorite comic character (although Batman and Spider-Man are very close 1B and 1C to Thor) and a huge fan of the "real" mythology as well.

I have been lucky so far, and two terrific forum members who I cannot thank enough, have been able to help me purchase/pre-order the other XM statues I have wanted to add to my collection.

However, they will probably not be able to get me Thor based on demand and limited numbers by XM. I still have a couple feelers out, and I am trying to go the ST route, but if anyone can help with a lead, please PM me.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice, I appreciate it!
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #1535
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
it might be time for xm go go over 999 es for some of these pieces... : puts on flame suit :
I don't mind the ES but the distribution is tough to swallow. The knowing a guy who knows a guy and having to lock it down before you see it method just isn't for me. I want to click and buy knowing my money is safe. I really do hope XM get's a global license. They are producing fantastic stuff, I'm just not willing to pay triple to get one.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:36 AM   #1536
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I don't mind the ES but the distribution is tough to swallow. The knowing a guy who knows a guy and having to lock it down before you see it method just isn't for me. I want to click and buy knowing my money is safe. I really do hope XM get's a global license. They are producing fantastic stuff, I'm just not willing to pay triple to get one.
totally agree! going direct will reduce buyer's cost by at least 10%!
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #1537
SONICobra
Batman

well yes a global license would absolutely be ideal but until then, and especially if that ever happens, I think the es should be increased. im not talking ss numbers but its just about impossible to obtain one of these on preorder day as is. as more people discover xm its just going to get harder and harder
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #1538
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Just flip it if you don't like it. There seems to be a guaranteed ROI with most (if not all) of XM's 1/4 scale pieces.

At minimum, you'll be able to make your money back.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #1539
Y3E
Gen 13

It is too bad XM does not sell parts. I would love to get the twirling Mjolnir.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #1540
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Let's not fool ourselves. Global license is not an option because Sideshow already has those rights, easy as that, and it won't change anytime soon.
Sideshow was here first and they made an investment in the Marvel lines, the investment has been successful and it's perfectly legit that other than the monetary return they also enjoy side benefits like partially locking out competition.

Also, as someone pointed out, be careful in what you wish. A global license would mean being on XM website fighting for preorder with hundreds (thousands?) of other people, like with PCS. Not sure most people here would enjoy the rumble more than securing the piece through a middle man, honestly.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote