Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #151
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Did CM really release the Returns cowl with that yellow belt? The golden color is much more accurate. Nice work Raf.
yes bud it comes yellow which was a turn off at first , but hey a little paint and does the trick.
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #152
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post
yes bud it comes yellow which was a turn off at first , but hey a little paint and does the trick.
For the price tag it should have been perfect out of the box. The yellow belt and shoddy inside of the cowl/display stand design is unacceptable for a piece at that price point.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:52 AM   #153
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
For the price tag it should have been perfect out of the box. The yellow belt and shoddy inside of the cowl/display stand design is unacceptable for a piece at that price point.
agreed. I don't care for the rod in the middle , and true , it could have been as you say for the price done right , but what is right ? to whoever designed it , it was right . and they approved it, many like the yellow , I didn't. so I fixed it , but to me the price was ok , once I got it I didn't think twice on price it is just to awesome , And well worth it IMHO the stand can be improved , for example cutting down the rod and have it rest on the widest part of the cowl, that way you won't see any rod, hmmm. think I might do that. as they say a collectable is only worth as much as you are willing to pay.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #154
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post
agreed. I don't care for the rod in the middle , and true , it could have been as you say for the price done right , but what is right ? to whoever designed it , it was right . and they approved it, many like the yellow , I didn't. so I fixed it , but to me the price was ok , once I got it I didn't think twice on price it is just to awesome , And well worth it IMHO the stand can be improved , for example cutting down the rod and have it rest on the widest part of the cowl, that way you won't see any rod, hmmm. think I might do that. as they say a collectable is only worth as much as you are willing to pay.
I like this piece as well. And while that rod can be a distraction, it can only be seen if bathed in light. For me, this piece looks best in softer, spookier, Batman-level lighting if that makes any sense at all. Bright enough to see, but darker, you know?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #155
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Just out of curiousity, found one of these on the Bay @ $700+, and a couple of vendors selling it at original $499 price tag.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #156
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

I have seen that too. I think maybe they think it is sold out or they are from over seas and not easy to get, so go for the less expensive one , I got mine from cinemaquette. and it really is way way cool and the best cowl someone can have it just looks menacing
Old 02-28-2011, 04:18 AM   #157
rickson
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

To be honest I haven't seen the display rod since I took my cowl out of the package. I have it displayed on the bottom shelf of my curio with lights above. The above lighting display gives it a dim "spooky" feel and with the lights on or off the rod is invisible in the shadows.
rickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #158
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickson View Post
To be honest I haven't seen the display rod since I took my cowl out of the package. I have it displayed on the bottom shelf of my curio with lights above. The above lighting display gives it a dim "spooky" feel and with the lights on or off the rod is invisible in the shadows.