Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #151
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
As to not seeing the film, or delaying things, or not discussing the character out of respect for the tragedy,

I'd argue the message this character delivers is more relevant then ever.

Overcoming great tragedy to help others and fight the criminals so that others will not suffer that same fate.
"Character" as in Batman, or the P.O.S. that perpetrated the crime? The Perp didn't deliver any message except that he's the next guy that dies in his prison's General Population.

But yeah..agreed; the way the community rallied as a whole following this tragedy, and the heroic sacrifices some of the theater's occupants performed (some at the cost of their lives) shows that most people aren't willing to just "roll over" for idiots like this tool.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #152
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
"Character" as in Batman, or the P.O.S. that perpetrated the crime? The Perp didn't deliver any message except that he's the next guy that dies in his prison's General Population.

But yeah..agreed; the way the community rallied as a whole following this tragedy, and the heroic sacrifices some of the theater's occupants performed (some at the cost of their lives) shows that most people aren't willing to just "roll over" for idiots like this tool.
By character I mean The Batman.
I think that he is one of our popular modern myths for a reason.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #153
bat_collector
Galactus

This is just a terrible tragedy. I've always been afraid some wacko would one day target a midnight showing. Now it has happened.

Honestly, at this point, who cares what The Dark Knight Rises grosses on opening weekend. It will always be remembered with the shooting.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #154
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Simple fact of life is we all are going to die,some die old and some die young and some die before being born.
Now this is a random senseless tragedy and the same could be said for a car accident or dying in your home from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The point i'm making is death is always around you and you can't run from it so live each day like it's your last because one day it will be.
I'm going to the movies this week this tragedy will not stop me from enjoying life.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #155
Spazzy
Hercules

Just saw the hearing, pretty sure they are going to go for insanity, looks like he is acting.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #156
johnclone
The Enchantress

the news appears to be buying it, that he is actually like that. "He appeared dazed" no, dumbasses.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #157
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Just saw the hearing, pretty sure they are going to go for insanity, looks like he is acting.
I watched the whole thing too. You must be a better psychologist than me. Acting, drugged, weird, stoned, tired, are all terms I think would be appropriate.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #158
johnclone
The Enchantress

I think it's all very calculated.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #159
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Colorado appears to be similar to California as far as death penalty from what I can tell. They have it but it's never used.

It's hard to say someone is insane when they carefully planned for months and were able to rig up complicated explosive devices. Premeditation and intent are easy to prove there I would think.
They will have lots of evidence off his computer I bet too to prove he was planning this a long time. Though of course as rational people we view his acts as how could anyone do that and be sane? But I don't think the legal definition will let him wiggle out of this unless he has a brain tumor or other obvious medical condition.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #160
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Colorado appears to be similar to California as far as death penalty from what I can tell. They have it but it's never used.

It's hard to say someone is insane when they carefully planned for months and were able to rig up complicated explosive devices. Premeditation and intent are easy to prove there I would think.
They will have lots of evidence off his computer I bet too to prove he was planning this a long time. Though of course as rational people we view his acts as how could anyone do that and be sane? But I don't think the legal definition will let him wiggle out of this unless he has a brain tumor or other obvious medical condition.
I have no doubt that this guy will be put to death. It's legal here in CO, and I've said from the start of this that since this evil POS was stupid (suicidal?) enough to not off himself, he's going to pay the price for not only this massacre, but Columbine too, and all the other events that have happened nationwide in which the perpetrator took himself out before it was over. He's put himself in the perfect position to pay for all of the until-now impotent rage that the state and the nation has felt after tragedies like this.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote