Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #151
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I didnt pick up the he man/ battlecat combo but I would be definitely in for a skeletor/ panthor combo so this news is rather unfortunate.

Nothing against sideshow I just prefer the classic designs over the more detailed stuff they have going on.

Could Jerry just reuse the battlecat mold to save on cost for panthor?

Would you guys that already have battlecat be okay with that?
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #152
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theghostinside View Post
I didnt pick up the he man/ battlecat combo but I would be definitely in for a skeletor/ panthor combo so this news is rather unfortunate.

Nothing against sideshow I just prefer the classic designs over the more detailed stuff they have going on.

Could Jerry just reuse the battlecat mold to save on cost for panthor?

Would you guys that already have battlecat be okay with that?
Instant no purchase for me at $800+. Battle-Cat and Panthor aren't MK ninjas.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #153
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I wasn't implying what to make. It was just a random general pic of Skeletor riding Panthor with all four paws on the ground to save costs. Remember BC is almost 3ft long! Jerry is the creative master to make it work both artistically and financially.

Of course I would want it to match the style of the current HeMan/BC combo.

Ah I just misunderstood then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Instant no purchase for me at $800+. Battle-Cat and Panthor aren't MK ninjas.
Yeah I agree.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #154
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I actually wanted to buy the He-Man and Battlecat but never got around to it. I wonder if there is a way to still order these?
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #155
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
The He-Man / BC combo sold out, but sales of the individual pieces didnt do well.

Combine that with factory costs coming in way higher than expected and a lot of other MOTU pieces being released, and I just dont feel confident about Skeletor and Panthor selling at the price they would need to be.
I've bought your 1:1 Lifesize Skeletor Bust, your 1:4 Filmation Skeletor Statue, and the He-Man & Battlecat Combo... REST ASSURE that I'd be buying a mixed media Skeletor and Panthor. I took it for granted that you guys would make a mixed media Skellz & Panthor, since you made He-Man & Battlecat. Now that I'm hearing your having second thoughts, I'm a bit disappointed. Raise the price, make super limited quantities, only sell them as a combo. Whatever.. Do what ever you gotta do. BUT MAKE THEM. They will sell out, and I will be one of those buyers.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #156
Timothy
The Spirit

The Skeletor/Panthor set was one I really wanted. I am kind of mad that it won't come out. I really wanted that set. I bought the He-Man/Battle Cat combo anticipating that I could get both sets...

PCS talked about rising costs... So how much of an increase do they think it would be? Please give us a rough estimate. For Skeletor, I might be willing to pay more.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:12 PM   #157
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
The Skeletor/Panthor set was one I really wanted. I am kind of mad that it won't come out. I really wanted that set. I bought the He-Man/Battle Cat combo anticipating that I could get both sets...

PCS talked about rising costs... So how much of an increase do they think it would be? Please give us a rough estimate. For Skeletor, I might be willing to pay more.
For Skeletor/Panthor, I AM willing to pay more.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #158
Timothy
The Spirit

It does not make any sense to have a hero statue without a villain statue. Why bother to have a He-Man/Battle Cat set without a Skeletor/Panthor set? With the 1:1 busts, PCS released both He-Man and Skeletor... Why not do the same with this set? I wonder if I can cancel the He-Man and Battle Cat combo and get a full refund. I am thinking about it. I really want both sets. There is no point getting a He-Man/Battle Cat combo without a Skeletor/Panthor set.

I am not mad at PCS...I am just really disappointed with them.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #159
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Can we also get a animated filmation thunder cats line? It may sell better than the first line just look at how popular the new Mattel line is doing. I will buy all of the more than the motu line. So many cool characters in that show. But as for skeletor hope fans will get it one way or another.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:30 PM   #160
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hulk View Post
I actually wanted to buy the He-Man and Battlecat but never got around to it. I wonder if there is a way to still order these?
Email customer service and ask to be added to the waitlist.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote