Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-27-2019, 11:52 PM   #151
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I hope they don't change the facesculpt at all. There are plenty of Western companies out there for people who want that.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:03 AM   #152
No1
The Avengers

oh that´s sad, 1/3 with that big base she must be too big, and I must be honest, after see the video, I think she have a clumsy position, the whole body twisted.... the snake is wrapped around itself as Red Sonja is kind of stepping on it...

I think the whole scene is kind of weird, Red Sonja body position is very dramatic and full of action, against a snake wrapped in a kind of calm position, the face is atacking (and the head looks more like a dragon and not a snake) but the rest of the body are kind of not making part of the same scene, and what is all that little snakes around the big one? That´s so weird, looks like worms

Red Sonja position is suposed to be the classic one that shows butt and breast at the same time, but here looks clumsy, she is more twisted that the snake

I don´t know what happen with Prime 1, it´s so hard to make a good action position without look weird in a statue?

I think the Sideshow´s Red Sonja with the snake are way better than this one, I mean all the details on Prime 1 are much better, they are really good in this, but I still think they failed on the primary thing, that´s the most hard maybe, wich is tell a good history, making a great set, with a solid position, a great equilibrium and all that stuff

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:10 AM   #153
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I like this over the last 2 from SS. I still like their first the best with a repaint. This would be awesome to get but just too much coming out lately.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:46 AM   #154
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Outstanding!!! I'm sold.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:05 AM   #155
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Somehow, I agree with all the negative comments but I still like it.

The Sideshow pieces, in my opinion, are better. SS took some creative chances with the second and even more with the third.....and they paid off in spades. The headsculpt on the third SS Sonja was just so characterful....a real home run.

This P01 piece is playing very safe with the sculpt. To me she doesn't look Anime, she looks computer generated. She's somehow too pretty, but in a very studied and generic way. I think, while this piece is "nice".....it's also forgettable.

The snakes are regrettable. As usual P1 has gone too far with the base....now Sonja is literally fighting for the central focus on the statue....and I don't want a snake statue.

This could be the single biggest reason I don't buy this piece......too busy. The price for this will exceed $1k and no doubt because of the stupid snake.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:24 AM   #156
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Not a fan of the head/hair. Looks too bishoujo. But the rest is on point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Eh. I was expecting so much more from P1. Pass. The Sideshow Harbottle piece is much better IMO.

Was my thoughts exactly, not to mention i am avoiding 1/3 scale
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:43 AM   #157
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Apparently, the mixed media fur and cape are removable. I wasn't blown away by the facial expression, but will wait until I see any additional portraits before judging. I guess fighting a giant snake is just another Tuesday for Sonja lol. Maybe there will be an axe or something as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RS.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	124744  
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:32 AM   #158
ukshaun
Hercules

I have no place posting here, as Red Sonja 1/3 isn't on my wants list. Having said that, i have been looking at the piece, and i'm not sure what to make of it. My first thoughts focused on the base - did it need to be that deep? (maybe so?). Red Sonja's leg's appear to be well sculpted, and it's good to see a dynamic pose. If i'm honest, i don't get the same good vibes compared to my 1/4 PF from Sideshow C.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:47 AM   #159
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Best sonja ever and in 1/3.

Thank you very much Prime 1 and please, don't change anything.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:01 AM   #160
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

I'm still curious to see how this turns out, but at the moment I'm on the fence and more leaning to the "not for me" side.
It'll be interesting to see how the portrait looks and if there's a swap out, as has been said by others the base could do with being less busy, bit too much going on.
But...other than that it does look really good, just not as good as SS's She Devil and QoS.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote