Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-13-2022, 10:55 AM   #151
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
That would be me. I understand the appeal but for me personally, I'd like at least the option to NOT have Cap's shield in Spidey's hands and NOT have Mjolnir in Cap's hands. I would have bought both if they had those options.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:07 PM   #152
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

I just unboxed Spidey and overall I’m quite happy with my purchase. The Tom Holland face sculpt is one of, if not the best 1/4 scale face sculpt that I’ve ever purchased. It crushes the Iron Studios one, and I also have the 1/4 scale from Hot Toys and while the likeness is pretty close, I much prefer Queens as the paint app is much superior and doesn’t look as lifeless as Hot Toys. I know it says it’s supposedly made out of Polystone but it feels closer to the PVC sculpts and/or older translucent resins from Iron Studios etc.

And I didn’t realise that the shield was actually made out of metal which is pretty cool. And it’s much better than the shields on Iron Studios 3x 1/4 statues which I also have. The Iron Studio ones were too thick at the edges as well as the sculpted in panel lines were too deep and thick on the sculpt. Whereas on this one, probably because it was made out of metal is very thin at the edge and the panel lines between the rings are also very finely sculpted.

The texture on the suit is also very fine, and adds more realism to the piece. I was very happy with Iron Studios Far From Home piece, but the texture on Queens is even better.

And now to my nitpicks and other issues.

The fit between the body and the headsculpts aren’t the best. The two masked versions you can easily notice the seams from the sides and back as the alignment doesn’t match. The TH headsculpt doesn’t have the same issue as the hair covers the neckline, but from the front the costume covering the neck is thicker than the TH neck. Also there’s a gap along the seam on the shield arm, but you can only notice it from the back. The annoying thing is that the seam is almost unnoticeable on the head stands!!

Now to the paint. Most of the black panel lines are near perfect, but there are two areas on mine which could do with some improvement. The panel lines on the hand on the shield arm don’t appear to be sculpted in like they are on the rest of the suit, so the line work is not as clean as it should be.

And not a major issue, but the black/white paint of the eyes on the masked head sculpts while smooth don’t exactly match the underlining sculpt. I’ve noticed the same on other collectors photos and videos.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:22 AM   #153
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Mine arrived today, too. This is the first figure of any scale that I've had arrive for quite a while as I'm winding back due to running out of space– the last was JND studios Wonder Woman 84 late last year. Overall, I'm really happy with it. I haven't noticed any of the issues pointed out so far, but then I don't think I'll go over it that finely. I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10 - both my daughters love Tom Holland, so three guesses which head sculpt gets stuck on spidey's body? Incidentally, I currently have a fractured wrist and elbow – have you ever tried to unpack and assemble a statue with only one hand and both knees?
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:38 AM   #154
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
Mine arrived today, too. This is the first figure of any scale that I've had arrive for quite a while as I'm winding back due to running out of space? the last was JND studios Wonder Woman 84 late last year. Overall, I'm really happy with it. I haven't noticed any of the issues pointed out so far, but then I don't think I'll go over it that finely. I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10 - both my daughters love Tom Holland, so three guesses which head sculpt gets stuck on spidey's body? Incidentally, I currently have a fractured wrist and elbow ? have you ever tried to unpack and assemble a statue with only one hand and both knees?
Most people don’t go over their pieces like I do with a fine tooth comb……

I actually go over my collectables quite thoroughly using a small torchlight/phone as I find it makes any issues pop out at me. I didn’t always do that and nearly without fail months later I would find issues. I have over a hundred large scale statues and there probably isn’t more than a handful which are pretty much pristine. Which is why when I hear/read collectors saying their pieces have zero QC issues I usually think to myself that it’s most likely only because they haven’t looked close enough.

But then no piece is truly perfect and we all have our own level of standards.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:19 AM   #155
zipkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Most people don?t go over their pieces like I do with a fine tooth comb??

I actually go over my collectables quite thoroughly using a small torchlight/phone as I find it makes any issues pop out at me. I didn?t always do that and nearly without fail months later I would find issues. I have over a hundred large scale statues and there probably isn?t more than a handful which are pretty much pristine. Which is why when I hear/read collectors saying their pieces have zero QC issues I usually think to myself that it?s most likely only because they haven?t looked close enough.

But then no piece is truly perfect and we all have our own level of standards.
Each to their own.
I think, as a rule, that if you go looking for faults in anything at all, generally you're going to find them. Big. Small. Doesn't matter.
As you said, nothing's perfect.
Just seems a bit sad.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:30 AM   #156
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Each to their own.
I think, as a rule, that if you go looking for faults in anything at all, generally you're going to find them. Big. Small. Doesn't matter.
As you said, nothing's perfect.
Just seems a bit sad.
I don’t disagree.

I honestly wish I was less picky. It would be nice when I look at my statues to be oblivious of the cracks, paint chips, scratches, breaks, googly eyes, seam gaps, leaning, excess glue residue, finger prints, casting/moulding, assembling issues and the many other paint issues that I end up having with my statues, no matter the manufacturer.

And since I put the Spidey piece into my display cabinet, I’ve found even more paint scuffs, cracks and other issues (and I wasn’t even trying, as I was just reassembling it after dusting it)….. though nowadays I try to convince myself that it’s all ‘intentional’ battle damage.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:02 AM   #157
zipkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
And since I put the Spidey piece into my display cabinet, I?ve found even more paint scuffs, cracks and other issues (and I wasn?t even trying, as I was just reassembling it after dusting it)?.. though nowadays I try to convince myself that it?s all ?intentional? battle damage.
OK, I'm actually scared to go too close to mine now!
There was a white 'blemish' on his chest when I unpacked him which disappeared after a few swipes with a moist cotton bud, and the base had some loose white grit which got blown off.
Other than that though - I'm happy enough.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:10 AM   #158
nearmint
Phoenix

I want mine, dammit!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:44 AM   #159
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
OK, I'm actually scared to go too close to mine now!
There was a white 'blemish' on his chest when I unpacked him which disappeared after a few swipes with a moist cotton bud, and the base had some loose white grit which got blown off.
Other than that though - I'm happy enough.
I had the same in places too. But that’s pretty much standard with factory dust etc, which is why I dust statues prior to putting it away for display. But unfortunately not all the ‘white’ on mine could be removed, so it could be white paint or the primer underneath the blue paint…...as I said battle damage.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:29 AM   #160
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I want mine, dammit!
Ordered from Spec?