Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #151
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant-man View Post
...wow..this is utterly disturbing....how anyone can kill there own son...www.tmz.com has some more stuff about it as well...saying he was probably with his son watching the event, later killing him and himself..
The police said during the press conference that the mother died Friday, the son died saturday morning and Benoit killed himself saturday night.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #152
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Wow I guess wwe is trying to recover from what happened.If you look for pics of Benoit on the site there arent any except for the one on the front page.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #153
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
The police said during the press conference that the mother died Friday, the son died saturday morning and Benoit killed himself saturday night.
see thats wrong cause they said benoit left before the PPV.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #154
Nightcrawler777
spooky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
Until proven fact is found of what happened its sad that these stories are being run around the news/tabloids.
I dont know man..
Comcast,Yahoo,CNN,AOL, And Good Morning America have all pretty much reported the same Story..
So its not just the Crappy internet Dirt Sheets...

Trust me i would like to believe that none of its true...
But it sure seems the the damning evidence is pileing up..
Just dont understand how a man that seemed so good and honerable could fall so hard and so fast...
Nightcrawler777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #155
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
see thats wrong cause they said benoit left before the PPV.
He was never at the PPV.

I'm taking what the police said at the press conference this afternoon as fact.

The district attorney said he found it bizarre that he stayed in the house with the bodies for so long.

Some sites are reporting that the son was killed Sunday but I watched the live press conference and they did say he was killed saturday morning.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #156
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
This story just keeps getting worse. I really feel for the 7 year old boy.

Can you even begin to imagine what was going through that childs head as his father did this to him. He must have been so scared and thinking why is my dad doing this to me. As I'm typing this I'm looking at my almost 5 year old son play and wondering how anyone could do something like this. That poor kid.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #157
Primal
Batman

Man I cant believe this happened. And to a guy like Benoit who seemed to be one of the more level-headed guys in the biz.

And the kids that watch & enjoy wrestling have to be exposed to this.

This is just too horrible.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #158
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Can you even begin to imagine what was going through that childs head as his father did this to him. He must have been so scared and thinking why is my dad doing this to me. As I'm typing this I'm looking at my almost 5 year old son play and wondering how anyone could do something like this. That poor kid.
Its really hard to think about.

If you want to be a coward and commit suicide that's one thing. Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem. To take others with you is absolutely disgusting.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #159
patrickwm68
The Flash

Mental Side Effects From Steroid Use:

• Early effects are reflected in mood changes and euphoria. Confidence increases, as do energy levels, self-esteem, motivation and enthusiasm. You experience less fatigue, sleep better and have an increased ability to train through pain. Sex drive usually increases, as does irritability, anger and a “strange, edgy feeling.”

• As doses increase or are taken for extended periods, a loss of inhibition occurs combined with impaired judgment, mood swings and grandiose ideas. This condition progresses until the user becomes suspicious, argumentative, impulsive and still more aggressive.

• Eventually, aggressive feelings reach a fever pitch, characterized by violent, hostile and antisocial behavior. This is full-blown ‘roid rage and can lead to self-inflicted injury, assault, divorce, domestic violence, child abuse and attempted murder. Not all people experience these feelings. Some researchers explain this paradox by suggesting that an underlying predisposition to such behavior can be brought to the surface by steroid abuse.

Another problem related to the psychological effects of steroids is what happens when the user stops taking them. Depression is common in former steroid users, who miss the elation brought on by the drugs. In fact, just about all positive mental feelings associated with steroid use reverse when one ceases taking them. The author of the Australian review says that, in some cases, violent behavior and moments of rage occur during the withdrawal phase.

Dependence on steroids can result when the user wishes to stave off loss of confidence as steroid-built muscles begin to atrophy. This dependence may also involve a modulation by steroids of brain chemicals, such as endogenous opioids, that control mood states.

An often-overlooked factor in discussions of the mental effects of steroids is how specific steroids modify behavior. For example, most studies that associate violent or antisocial tendencies with steroid use usually involve a more androgenic type of steroid, such as Anadrol-50 or testosterone. Animal studies in which mice were given a more anabolic, less androgenic steroid, such as stanozolol (Winstrol) documented no aggressive changes in behavior (General Pharmacology, 27:293-98).
Old 06-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #160
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

from wwe

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting
Written: June 26, 2007STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

Related Content