Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #1601
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The best sculpt is Sideshow's.....but.....it is short (due to the pose)... A few inches higher and it would be the ULTIMATE Venom. Taken all factors into consideration, the best from the 3 is Prime1's. It is big, it oozes fear, it has all the characteristics of a good statue. XM's is the worst. I saw some photos. It looks like a big-Bowen. Tooooooo simplistic colours, toooo child-ish painted. 1-2 paintbrushes, it looks like a toy. Not my thing. And NOOOOO WAY i would pay what some pushers and hypers are asking 1.500 shipped? Dont fall to the CONSTANT pushing and hyping. Be patient.

Wait for Prime1's. It is the best overall, whereas Sideshow's is the best sculpt but it would look tiny and puny next to the BEAST of a statue Prime1's Venom is. So the dilemma is Sideshow's or Prime1's? Buy both, problem solved.

My 0.12 cents, guys.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #1602
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
My 0.12 cents, guys.
you keep going at this rate, youre going to price us out lol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #1603
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Lol!!!

Forps's price hikes are going to end as soon as Sideshow reveals the new beast, Hulk Life size Bust with acrylic teeth, eyes and translucent resin and a pre-defined edition size (dont even think, Sideshow giving us a sub-par Hulk LSB). Or when i see a new Life size bust from Andy Bergholtz ! I love his work!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #1604
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
What a joke.

I've said it before, I have SS and P1 both on order, but the XM is my favourite and arguably the best one. All the switch out heads, classic pose, and deletes for the small symbiotes put it over the top. I really love the Eddie Brock transformation head. The only strike I can see against the XM is I don't see any blue in the paint. I met a new friend that has an XM connection, and need to get a few more XM pieces before (Samurai Batman, Moon Knight, and Cable), but the Venom is on my list. The price for this one is inflated by the shipping, and when you factor in the exchange, retails for only slightly more than the SS Venom. For me, this XM piece most closely resembles McFarlane style, which for me, is the definitive Venom.

On Freaks someone said the SS pose looks like a Beast from X-Men pose and now it's all I can see. It's nice and dynamic, but it doesn't showcase his body and the texture still kind of bothers me. I still like the statue, but for me, it's the weakest of the three. I'm also not a fan of the yellow teeth on this one.

The P1 is really great and I like the switch out heads and tongue. For me though, in the pictures, the classic head almost looks too small for the body. Also, this Venom has missed leg day one too many times. The attention to detail on the P1 is amazing. I hope there is a delete for the small symbiotes but it's not a deal breaker and the seam is a non-issue for me. It's hulking and menacing. It very much seems like a diorama piece with all that is going on.

I am a die-hard Venom fan. I got a Venom tattoo when I was 16. I'll buy practically anything Venom.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #1605
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
The best sculpt is Sideshow's.....but.....it is short (due to the pose)... A few inches higher and it would be the ULTIMATE Venom. Taken all factors into consideration, the best from the 3 is Prime1's. It is big, it oozes fear, it has all the characteristics of a good statue. XM's is the worst. I saw some photos. It looks like a big-Bowen. Tooooooo simplistic colours, toooo child-ish painted. 1-2 paintbrushes, it looks like a toy. Not my thing. And NOOOOO WAY i would pay what some pushers and hypers are asking 1.500 shipped? Dont fall to the CONSTANT pushing and hyping. Be patient.

Wait for Prime1's. It is the best overall, whereas Sideshow's is the best sculpt but it would look tiny and puny next to the BEAST of a statue Prime1's Venom is. So the dilemma is Sideshow's or Prime1's? Buy both, problem solved.

My 0.12 cents, guys.
I love how forps can put down the xm one and nobody says anything...lets see what this does.

I suspect a large part of forps opinion is because he cant get an xm venom at retail.....i think the p1 looks good, but personally i think the xm venom is by far the best. And why are we even compairing the sideshow one to it? Does anyone really think the sideshow venom is even close to the xm one? Its a different price point though....

A honda civic has merit when compaired to a Ferrari(or whatever high end car you like)....but not if price is a non issue.

Ps: like the prime one better? Go buy it...the EXCLUSIVE is not sold out yet.

Like the sideshow one? Go buy it....the EXCLUSIVE is not sold out yet.

Like the xm one best? Www.ebay.com

Btw...my xm once its at my house will cost me about $200 usd more than the sideshow one, and about $100 usd LESS than the prime 1 version

And im not ex bias, my last 3 statues are hulk vs wolverine from sideshow (although it was nothing but headaches), harley quinn from prime 1 and cable from xm.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:47 PM   #1606
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
I love how forps can put down the xm one and nobody says anything...lets see what this does.

I suspect a large part of forps opinion is because he cant get an xm venom at retail.....i think the p1 looks good, but personally i think the xm venom is by far the best. And why are we even compairing the sideshow one to it? Does anyone really think the sideshow venom is even close to the xm one? Its a different price point though....

A honda civic has merit when compaired to a Ferrari(or whatever high end car you like)....but not if price is a non issue.

Ps: like the prime one better? Go buy it...the EXCLUSIVE is not sold out yet.

Like the sideshow one? Go buy it....the EXCLUSIVE is not sold out yet.

Like the xm one best? Www.ebay.com
The retail price point on the XM versus SS is actually very close. It's the shipping which is an issue.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #1607
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Yup, the xm retail is 950 sgd....that is 687 usd. So the retail price is the same. Will cost 350 sgd to ship(253 usd)...and sideshow will charge 60-75 usd to ship.

But i will also save money on duties and taxes because sideshow codes their shipments wrong because they dont care about customers.....my xm guy wont. So i will probubly save 100 on the taxes/duties.

Hence for someone not in the usa the price xm vs sideshow is the same almost....for someone in the usa its about $200 more or less?

The prime 1 statue is actually the most expensive.

Sorry i should use caps, bolding and repeat my point 20 times to do it the FORPS WAY lol
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #1608
Vracula
Jedi Order

If Sideshows was standing up straight , I would have gladlt ordered it. I am still juggling between SS and Prime 1
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #1609
ComicJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Yup, the xm retail is 950 sgd....that is 687 usd. So the retail price is the same. Will cost 350 sgd to ship(253 usd)...and sideshow will charge 60-75 usd to ship.

But i will also save money on duties and taxes because sideshow codes their shipments wrong because they dont care about customers.....my xm guy wont. So i will probubly save 100 on the taxes/duties.

Hence for someone not in the usa the price xm vs sideshow is the same almost....for someone in the usa its about $200 more or less?

The prime 1 statue is actually the most expensive.

Sorry i should use caps, bolding and repeat my point 20 times to do it the FORPS WAY lol
Forps has issues, I'm not entirely sure what they are without knowing him, but all he really does it make outlandish statements with practically no basis or reasons.

For example: "XM looks like a toy" - What??? What does that even mean?
"XM paint looks child-ish painted" - ??? The paint app appears well-done on the piece. Some people have an issue with the glossy application parts but I like it. Some people have an issue with the emblem and said that it looks drawn on, but I don't see any issues with it. If anything, the texture I think is more of an issue with the SS. Maybe it will look better in hand.

Forps said approximately a month and a half ago that he would never post on this forum ever again. Lasted about 1 month. Just have to look at his posts and laugh.

On a separate note, see the Canadians v Sideshow thread for the issue on how Sideshow is handling HC coding.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:18 PM   #1610
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
What a joke.

I've said it before, I have SS and P1 both on order, but the XM is my favourite and arguably the best one. All the switch out heads, classic pose, and deletes for the small symbiotes put it over the top. I really love the Eddie Brock transformation head. The only strike I can see against the XM is I don't see any blue in the paint. I met a new friend that has an XM connection, and need to get a few more XM pieces before (Samurai Batman, Moon Knight, and Cable), but the Venom is on my list. The price for this one is inflated by the shipping, and when you factor in the exchange, retails for only slightly more than the SS Venom. For me, this XM piece most closely resembles McFarlane style, which for me, is the definitive Venom.

On Freaks someone said the SS pose looks like a Beast from X-Men pose and now it's all I can see. It's nice and dynamic, but it doesn't showcase his body and the texture still kind of bothers me. I still like the statue, but for me, it's the weakest of the three. I'm also not a fan of the yellow teeth on this one.

The P1 is really great and I like the switch out heads and tongue. For me though, in the pictures, the classic head almost looks too small for the body. Also, this Venom has missed leg day one too many times. The attention to detail on the P1 is amazing. I hope there is a delete for the small symbiotes but it's not a deal breaker and the seam is a non-issue for me. It's hulking and menacing. It very much seems like a diorama piece with all that is going on.

I am a die-hard Venom fan. I got a Venom tattoo when I was 16. I'll buy practically anything Venom.
There is blue in the paint, it's just difficult to see in photos. This picture shows it up a bit better.

But not to stray off track from the Sideshow venom, there are elements of the Sideshow one that I like but a lot that I don't like. For me I feel the texture is overdone. I don't care for the smoke on the base (or any of the Spidey line bases), and I also don't like the pose. I do think that the overall body sculpt and headsculpts are nice though. Personally it's my third choice behind XM and P1, but that's not to say that I think it's bad. It's still a nice Venom, it's just not to my personal taste.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote