Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #16141
Spideristic
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
All kidding aside, I did enjoy IM3. I liked the Mandarin twist and had fun watching it. I'm not an IM guy though, so maybe that helps. I'm not at all close to the source material. I think plot holes and the like only bother you when you're enjoying the movie anyway. This movie had a ton of problems with the story, but since I was having fun, they didn't bother me. On the opposite end, every plot hole stuck out to me in MoS since the movie wasn't working for me. That seems to be the deciding factor in whether or not you can turn your brain off and enjoy a movie in spite of itself.
Yep, Iron Man 3 was an all around fun movie. And besides the Mandarin, the movie also had other moments with genuine elements of surprise, which is a rare thing in most blockbusters these days.

And Stark working without his suit using improvised weapons at the mansion and later working using his partial suit was just great.

I had seen Avengers 5 times in the theatre (4 in 2012 and once again in 2013), but I felt I was getting little weary of Iron Man's cocky attitude (It was probably cause I preferred Captain America more in the film). But Iron Man 3 rekindled my love for the character and for his brilliance.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #16142
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
3 is going to be tough to beat though. 4 will have to be like...the best movie ever.
3 can be beat by another Alvin and the Chipmonks movie.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #16143
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Frozen - 2.5/5
Saving Mr Banks - 2/5
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #16144
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Up 9/10 I think my favorite of the Pixar movies. For me it seemed to have the most heart and soul out of all of them.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:29 AM   #16145
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Pain & Gain - 3/10

Poorly made film about unlikeable idiots doing despicable things. There are no redeeming characters to be found in this film. This is classic Michael Bay... toilet humor and long slow mo shots abound.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #16146
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Evil Dead - 2.5/10

Even if this wasn't a remake this would be a ridiculously bad horror experience. Part of the charm of the original was it's campiness and shock value. There is nothing terrifying here, just an overabundance of gore being thrown at you as if to somehow compensate for how boring and unengaging the characters are. I probably would've scored this a point lower if it weren't for the somewhat interesting intro and decent last 10 minutes. Overall it's a pretty awful film though.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #16147
Luminous
Cyclops

Ouch. I think those are the lowest scores I have ever seen you hand out.

I suspected Pain & Gain wasn't worth my time, but I didn't think Evil Dead would be so bad. Thanks for the heads up.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:57 AM   #16148
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

yeah two clunkers in a row. Didn't expect much from either but also didn't expect to be as bored as I was. Especially with Evil Dead.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:06 AM   #16149
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah Evil Dead was nothing like the original thats for sure. HB pretty much nailed it.
same with Carrie 4/10. i just watched it. and actually thought it was going to be good. i actually felt for her.but it started to fizzle out.
i will say that Julianne Moore stole the show.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:07 AM   #16150
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Pain & Gain - 3/10

Poorly made film about unlikeable idiots doing despicable things. There are no redeeming characters to be found in this film. This is classic Michael Bay... toilet humor and long slow mo shots abound.

I cant believe this film was even made. Once I learned that it was based on real events, my mind was blown. Bay has no class whatsoever and I'm disappointed that Dwayne Johnson would be in this travesty.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote