Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-07-2017, 08:54 PM   #1621
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
Hey what a surprise, the XM mob members are chiming in on a SS thread.
XM mob? The conversation is about comparing the three 1/4 Venom statues all released around the same time, P1 included. It's a conversation.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #1622
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
XM is fabulous, however its wayyyyy out of my price range. Prime 1 is also gonna be great, price is a little high, but main reason i'm not ordering is the long wait. So here is SS, great price, gonna be here shortly and i really think all the issues people have with it, texture, toe, base will all be relatively minor once in hand. This was an easy decision once all factors were evaluated.
I'm really hoping the texture looks way better in hand. It's easily the best value out of them all for NA customers, if you could only choose 1. One of the things that made ordering the P1 easy was the long wait, I'll pay for it laaaaater lol.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #1623
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

SSC Venom pose won't please everyone
Prime1 is too busy
XM failed the white spider at the back (imho)

All 3 have nice sculpt.
Need to see in hand pictures for SSC and prime1 statues.
For me XM is disqualified du to the back spider, rather buy the bust
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #1624
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
SSC Venom pose won't please everyone
Prime1 is too busy
XM failed the white spider at the back (imho)

All 3 have nice sculpt.
Need to see in hand pictures for SSC and prime1 statues.
For me XM is disqualified du to the back spider, rather buy the bust
Whats wrong with the back on XM venom?
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #1625
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
Whats wrong with the back on XM venom?
The symbols legs are wrong. Way too thin. Sure there are different variations in the comics but XM's looks really bad in my opinion. Worst version out of all statues and toys I've seen.

Compare to:

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:50 AM   #1626
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

He looks like he is taking a dump . I can't help but picture crap flying out of his bottom. But I wouldn't pose him with that view.
And it's not worthy of a 360 display. IMO. But still a great piece. All the Venoms are cool. But the comiquette is my still favorite.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:09 AM   #1627
ComicJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
The symbols legs are wrong. Way too thin. Sure there are different variations in the comics but XM's looks really bad in my opinion. Worst version out of all statues and toys I've seen.

Compare to:

Yeah the symbol is probably the only knock on the statue. It's also not as clean as I feel it could be as well. These are very minor things and for me, it's not a big deal.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:26 AM   #1628
Vracula
Jedi Order

The SS venom is growing on me,

1) It's nice and compact, takes up less space horizontally
2) Don't like the heads and seams on the prime 1 one. Plus I reckon it's gonna be humongous.

Can anyone who has seen the SS in real life tell me what they think? Just honest thoughts.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #1629
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
Hey what a surprise, the XM mob members are chiming in on a SS thread.
Dont worry, pal. Forps is here. I can handle XM's wolf packs while i am playing ball with Michael Jordan and running versus Bolt. Piece of cake.

The above problems with the symbol on his back are the LEAST. The whole statue is a disaster. A mere 400doll statue is getting hyped and pushed all over youtube and facebook for it being a "grail", "a masterpiece", BETTER than the COMIQUETTE!

NO WAY. NO WAY. NO WAY.

His back is totally wrong, his legs are too thin, his colours are 100% toyish, there is no depth, the sculpt is 15 levels inferior than the Comiquette's. It is simple bigger than the Comi. But wait till the beast from Prime1's comes in our hands.

I can handle these wolf packs with so much ease. Go to XM THREADS, guys where you are mocking Sideshow or downgrading everything else except from your beloved comapny. It is my opinion, you know. I know what you are doing and i am not going to give food for you in order to ban me. I must protect new collectors from certain TACTICS being used (shady tactics from free stuff to FREE trips being given out). I am 100% objective towards all companies. I was the first that wrote Deathstoke PFF was a joke, Darkseid PFF was too small, Jatanna needs a 2nd head sculpt. I am one of the FEW guys having no financial interest in any company. I am 100% objective.

I like Sideshow's Venom and Prime1's better! ? As for one guy who said i cant afford a XM Venom, i am still laughing. Man have you even seen some pictures of my collection here before i deleted them? I have almost all LSBs ever produced by any company, all of Sideshow's statue grails, i had even bought 3 XM's but sold them the NEXT DAY. I hate the "toy vibe" they ooze. I hate it.

Go praise XM on your threads and bashing Sideshow there and leave us who love Sideshow's and Prime1's effort here. I have NEVER wrote to your XM threads. Never.

I love Sideshow, is there a problem with this or i should become a pusher of 1-2 other companies to calm you down? NO WAY. It is my opinion and the opinion of MANY collectors and nothing will change it. Not some guys here or some youtubers or other people BASHING Sideshow, night and day having an interest AGAINST Sideshow.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #1630
ambasah
Red Skull

is art objective ?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote