Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-27-2017, 01:58 AM   #1631
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

i just wanted to see some discussion on red sonja and i found in this topic sea palace for zombie apocalipse and cats XD
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:26 AM   #1632
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

Also, how about that Red Sonja PF?
General opinion is that SS is producing nice sculpts while pricing collectors out of the hobby with disproportionate increases with each new generation of releases.

Good quality cat food is costly as well.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:30 AM   #1633
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
i just wanted to see some discussion on red sonja and i found in this topic sea palace for zombie apocalipse and cats XD
Welcome, you have a lot of catching up to do while skipping past the nonsense.
I would love some new opinions on the statue!
Exciting!
Old 09-27-2017, 02:39 AM   #1634
Kevorkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Welcome, you have a lot of catching up to do while skipping past the nonsense.
I would love some new opinions on the statue!
Do u like freckles? Thems new on this one.
Exciting!
i love and own the second red sonja, the base is massive and very well designed, the dinamic pose and serious face complete the piece.

This one at start i was very interested, but when they revealed the base it was a "meh".
I honestly think ill pass on this one, not because of character that in general is very good and detailed but compared to the past one that has basically the same price is not worth it, since the ex is just a towel i may reconsider from local reseller if they will have at discounted price.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #1635
#Brian
Shadowhawk

I have the second as well and quite enjoy it. (As does my cat Gumby)
The new one has freckles. It's nice to have another option considering their first release was an embarrassment to mankind and the second one turned off many collectors who did not want to display such an epic portrayal of guts and gore and T and A for reasons ranging from personal taste to wife and kids.

So I do believe there is plenty of room in the market for this new version and I am sure there will be an obnoxiously high edition size befitting of the most bloated corporate pigs on the planet.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:21 AM   #1636
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think we should talk about whatever this is...

Brian can go first.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:38 AM   #1637
Hokuto
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm sorry guys, I'm relative new to this hobby, I only have a few PF (last RS too); I'm very tempted by this Sonja, I'm tryin to make a collection and I'm on the fence if I should dedicate myself to this character, which I adore, or go for a mixed collection
And here is my question: I would like to buy something outside Sideshow, something from Prime 1 Studio or XM Studios, but still 1/4
Could you tell me why this Sonja cost most of the time almost half?
I would like to have few pieces in my collection (money is ok, space is not ) and I prefer have the best
Hokuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:16 AM   #1638
Kevorkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokuto View Post
I'm sorry guys, I'm relative new to this hobby, I only have a few PF (last RS too); I'm very tempted by this Sonja, I'm tryin to make a collection and I'm on the fence if I should dedicate myself to this character, which I adore, or go for a mixed collection
And here is my question: I would like to buy something outside Sideshow, something from Prime 1 Studio or XM Studios, but still 1/4
Could you tell me why this Sonja cost most of the time almost half?
I would like to have few pieces in my collection (money is ok, space is not ) and I prefer have the best
im new of the forum but not new from the hobby, the answer is "it's all up to you". To collect is a very personal thing, you may like mixed statue as you can devote all your space to some specific character or line. You may dont know right now, but probably you'll have a clearer idea with time.

For XM and Prime1 they have usually an higher price tag than sideshow, thats why all this difference in price.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:43 AM   #1639
Hokuto
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
im new of the forum but not new from the hobby, the answer is "it's all up to you". To collect is a very personal thing, you may like mixed statue as you can devote all your space to some specific character or line. You may dont know right now, but probably you'll have a clearer idea with time.

For XM and Prime1 they have usually an higher price tag than sideshow, thats why all this difference in price.
thanks! I'm collecting from years other type of statues, I know well what you mean :P

so,for the price question, it is nothing to do about quality, just their price list?
Hokuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:17 AM   #1640
Kevorkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokuto View Post
thanks! I'm collecting from years other type of statues, I know well what you mean :P

so,for the price question, it is nothing to do about quality, just their price list?
XM and PRIME1 usually they offer a higher quality final product, even here it's up to you if this difference in money is worth or not and how much budget do you have for this hobby