Galactus

I love batman the animated series!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #1632
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I love batman the animated series!
Sorry.. you'll have to settle for "The Misadventures of Robin", Mike.

Batmarn's utility belt already hangs from my bedpost.

Err.. I meant Batgirl's... yes.. Batgirl's.

Not to mention Catwoman's whip.. when those two tussle in my bedroom, the only real winner is me.

Stop-motion photography for the win... plus, both ladies are "grabbers".
Old 02-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #1633
bat_collector
Galactus

you are too funny, ryan
Old 02-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #1634
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
you are too funny, ryan
What?

Two discs away from bein' done with the entire B:TAS series... I play it while I'm workin' around the house.

Just saw the episode where Batgirl dies while fighting the Scarecrow (he stuns her, then kicks her off a building.. she crashes through the windshield of Bullock/Gordon's police car as they're pulling up), Gordon unmasks her and is shocked to find Barbara, making Batman public enemy #1 for Jim to catch/kill, as he's being removed from being Commissioner as Batgirl being Barbara means he has "ties" to the vigilante... after Bruce apologizes/tries to reason/console with Jim shortly after the death by telling him of his own parents, Jim tells Bruce "then you know what I have to do" etc... he sets the police force on Wayne Manor, and gets Bane a reduced sentence to help him catch Batman. Bane beats the crap out of Bats, but Gordon steps in to fatally shoot him... which Bane stops by throwing Gordon off a building. Batman fights Bane off enough to get to Gordon, who finally takes Bats' hand to help him up.. but not before Bane tears off the bat-signal and throws it at the two, knocking them off the building, to their deaths. Bane himself then dies, as when Bats fought him off initially, he did so by throwing him into the Bat-Signal, then tying the cables of it to Bane's apparatus, electrocuting him to death.

Cut to Barbara waking up, having been the victim of Scarecrow's fear toxins.. so.. episode was a nightmare. She tells Bruce she has to tell her father the truth about her secret identity, and that she's withheld it from him too long, etc.. Bruce says he understands... so.. she has a talk with her father, begins to tell him.. and Gordon admits that he's always known (without actually saying what is is that he knows about her, but it's obvious), but tells her he can't admit to knowing about her "other life" without he, himself, goin' down in flames/etc legally. He tells her she hardly needs his permission or approval, but he gives it to her anyways.. or something along those lines. Really a brilliantly written conversation, here.

Really a great episode. I'm stoked because this is one of the episodes with a commentary... all the best ones have one. I haven't listened to any of them yet, either. I think Batman:TAS had better written conversations than the Superman animated series of the same time (which I didn't watch as much, nor enjoy 1/5 as much at Batman), or the Justice League cartoon that lasted four seasons. I think one reason for this is because the cast of characters are all human, and all written with said flaws all humans have. Each main character has faults, weaknesses, and strengths and they're all portrayed wonderfully.. something that wasn't shown in that Superman cartoon, and couldn't be shown in JLA as there were too many heroes to show them all individually (although WB was smart and didn't always use all the heroes, sometimes two of them were all they used.. my favorite in this case being the two-man Wonder Woman/Batman episodes).

Batman :TAS is still the best of the bunch, though, which is shown by its many Emmies, etc.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #1635
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

You just watched an awesome episode Ryan, not to worry though, some more fantastic ones coming up!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #1636
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
You just watched an awesome episode Ryan, not to worry though, some more fantastic ones coming up!
Actually.. out of the thousands of minutes I've put into these discs.. literally... I haven't seen a single episode I've disliked.

That really says something about the series.. I'm not the easiest person to entertain. I didn't watch it totally religiously in the 90's, but it's fun watching episodes I clearly remember having watched in the 90's.. this was pretty much the only cartoon I caught after school/Friday.. Saturday night.. I forget what night it was on, since surfin' and Cross Country kept me at school well past the time the episodes aired.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #1637
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Ryan, are you getting A-Bomb?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #1638
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Ryan, are you getting A-Bomb?
The Bowen statue? Eventually.. yeah.

It's gorgeous.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #1639
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
The Bowen statue? Eventually.. yeah.

It's gorgeous.
Steve is getting me the FB to go with my Hulk, can't wait!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #1640
bat_collector
Galactus

I need to watch B:ATS again.

Watching Brave and the Bold right now, and I'm loving it. I love its unique style.
Closed Thread