Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-27-2019, 04:17 PM   #1671
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
What are my chances for a Ciri waitlist conversion if I jump on it now? Is it better to just secure an order of the regular version while that's still available?

I know it's late, but I blame the netflix show for reigniting my interest.
You can order the regular and also get on the wait list. A lot of cancellations happen once the statue is actually in stock, that's when my Huntress PF ex converted. You just need to contact Sideshow once it does so they can cancel your original order.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:15 PM   #1672
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Guys a legit collector question here, I have been looking at the 1/4 witcher statues and I find them how do I say it quite big for the size of the 1/4 character, what I mean is....was it not a better idea to have the statue more about the character so lets say make the character 1/3 and the base smaller?

I really wish they just made them 1/3 like the guts they did, that piece is way cleaner then lets say the 1/4 guts...

Whats your take on this collectors!?
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #1673
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Guys a legit collector question here, I have been looking at the 1/4 witcher statues and I find them how do I say it quite big for the size of the 1/4 character, what I mean is....was it not a better idea to have the statue more about the character so lets say make the character 1/3 and the base smaller?

I really wish they just made them 1/3 like the guts they did, that piece is way cleaner then lets say the 1/4 guts...

Prime1 is known for large pieces in general and the 1/4 scale line gives them leeway to explore more design in a base without being crazy large (i.e. no way they could do it with 1/3 and it not be massive). In this line, the first Geralt is really the only base that is very large. I suppose, it's a matter of taste. Personally, I don't mind the size as long as it makes sense.

For me, it's more the story that is told via the base.

It's why I think the first Yen and Triss bases are misses. Yes, they could have potentially fought against these monsters, but they aren't monster hunters per se.

Before Alt Yen came out, I had been saying in the P1 FB group that Yen and Triss should have had bases with megascopes, potions, etc. I'd like to think some of my feedback influenced the Alt Yen base (i.e. although most likely they had it in mind the whole time).

Geralt and Ciri are witchers at the core so it makes sense for monster bases. Eredin's base is king in my opinion with the hound at his side.

In the end, I can see why some folks don't like the bases in this line (gory, overly large in Geralt's case, etc). And I understand why you want to just focus on the character via a 1/3 line. Good news is that P1 has stated that if the 1/4 line Alt Geralt (and I assume the line as a whole) sells well that they will be moving forward with a 1/3 Geralt. With the Netflix series raising the franchise stock, I would not be surprised to see it become a reality.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:12 PM   #1674
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post

+1 for the large bases since in this case, they tell a part of the story in an artistic way. Wouldn't want it any other way...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:08 PM   #1675
French Cancan
Deadman

I agree with gs01... Bases that looked like a butcher’s stall made no sense to Triss and Yennefer. The reason why I didn't ordered Triss and the first Yennefer. I ordered Ciri, and now the " new" Yennefer, because this base is better suited to what Yennefer is, megascope and old grimoires... And with Uma too. I like the concept the beauty and the beast...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:47 AM   #1676
Parahai
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
A few weeks??
I was thinking that she was already in transit.....
C'mon, how much time until she come to usa and be ready for world shipping by sideshow? We're talking about what? March/April?
You shouldn't have much longer to wait, I ordered directly from Prime 1 and I've had my Yenn statue for around 2 weeks now.
Parahai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:57 AM   #1677
Parahai
Doh!

Has anyone received the first Yenn statue yet? I want to know your opinions on the mixed media around her wrists and shoulders. In person they definitely don't seem as "full" as the advertised version.

No matter which way I brush the fur I can't seem to hide the patches where the fur is attached to. I feel like some of it has been pulled off.

Please let me know!
Old 12-30-2019, 04:13 AM   #1678
syrhilla
Doh!

Hi !
Do anyone have Yen (the first) pictures please ?
syrhilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:23 AM   #1679
Parahai
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrhilla View Post
Hi !
Do anyone have Yen (the first) pictures please ?
Here is my Yenn

https://imgur.com/gallery/NWj6ZIh
Old 12-30-2019, 08:34 AM   #1680
syrhilla
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parahai View Post
Many thanks !!!!!!
syrhilla is offline   Reply With Quote