Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #161
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
My thought is the sword and shield does not go with this version of her. There are enough companies doing sword and shield WW. Don't get me wrong, I love a decent swap out but I'd never do it with this.
I would. I love Tweeterhead, but the WW and Superman (my main issue is it looks like a mini version of the Sideshow PF, which I did not love, although the head sculpt is much more preferable) have given me pause from going all-in on this line. Right now, Wonder Woman look like she's participating in a body building competition. I don't hate the pose, but I don't love it. I do think the design works with the previously intended switch out bullet blast cuffs. Something else needs to be going on with that pose. I think a sword/shield would help.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #162
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

I'm all for switch outs, not sure I would use them. Would need to see it of course. But I like having options.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #163
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I like having options, but I really like her posed blocking bullets--just wish the bullet ricochets were going to be included.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:10 PM   #164
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I like having options, but I really like her posed blocking bullets--just wish the bullet ricochets were going to be included.
You can get this:

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #165
LetMeSee
Doh!

As I am not a Facebook/Twitter person - in case TH is monitoring this thread, (I have pre-ordered this statue) - I think without the ricocheting bullets the pose loses something. It becomes an awkward mix of 'muscle flexing' and 'bullets and bracers' - but her face is rather relaxed - intent but relaxed, which skews it towards the former.

I'm not sure a sword/shield combo would fix that, but I'm all for switch outs, if the ricochet bracers aren't options. Could something be done with the lasso instead, which seems more in keeping with the era of the costume? I know that would definitely make it very similar to the new SS, but they are such different scales and styles, I don't think that matters (and as I have a room full of WW statues, I can say that at some point, all poses repeat!)
LetMeSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #166
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You can get this:

I do like that Bombshell WW statue, but the ricochet effect shown at SDCC for this statue really got my attention. I'm still getting the TH one, but it would be cool to see her doing something with her arms. Maybe stretching the lasso between her hands?
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #167
Tweeterhead
Tweeterhead
Producer

Switch Outs

Hey,

Haven't posted this anywhere else, waiting to make it official with some pics...but we are trying to add the Shield/Sword AND Bullet Blasts to our exclusive Wonder Woman Maquette.

Stay tuned for news next week!

Thanks for the feedback here and on other social media. It's awesome to know we can get you guys what you want in our product!!
Tweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #168
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeterhead View Post
Haven't posted this anywhere else, waiting to make it official with some pics...but we are trying to add the Shield/Sword AND Bullet Blasts to our exclusive Wonder Woman Maquette.
I think both of those additions would be AMAZING. Thanks for the update!
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #169
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback here and on other social media. It's awesome to know we can get you guys what you want in our product!!
While I greatly appreciate you guys going the extra mile to include more exclusive offerings on this piece I would hope going forward these kind of things could be announced & finalized at or before pre-ordering starts.

Speaking for myself I almost ordered through Sideshow to burn my reward points with them since I was satisfied with the regular version. Now that the exclusive will be changing I am very interested in it and as we all know the only way to get that is to order direct. Had I placed my order at Sideshow I'd lose my deposit by canceling. So please consider this when changing things up after ordering starts. Thanks!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #170
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Hey,

If that happens, I'll be ordering....
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote