Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-15-2014, 01:23 AM   #161
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I received my Batman Bust touched up with a different color blue around the nose. I got a return Label. I haven't heard back if there is a suitable replacement or my money back.

pretty bummed about this after the long wait

I feel your pain. My DROM was really hard to send back. I waited so long for it then it arrives as apparently a return from someone else or the worst QC ever and they told me and I quote. "We do not ship out damaged or defective statues that have been returned"

I had to fight to get them to even offer me a return method and opted for the no charge for shipping. Either that or the crummy $20 off the initial price. Why would I want to keep a statue that cost me $800 that I cannot display for $20...stupid.

I dont see why anyone jumps at these promotions when they have them either. These 10% or $20 off coupons or codes are pretty much worthless in comparsisson with the price point. I don't feel like im saving anything just being bated to spend more.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #162
Dukefrukem
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
I dont see why anyone jumps at these promotions when they have them either. These 10% or $20 off coupons or codes are pretty much worthless in comparsisson with the price point. I don't feel like im saving anything just being bated to spend more.

It would be nice if their "sales" were actually sales.
Dukefrukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #163
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseeb13 View Post
I got the Ultron on Throne ex last week. Really bad paint on one of the throne arms. Asked sideshow for a replacement and they won't send me another one. Said all their statues have imperfections and after reviewing inventory there were none better. If that is really the case I would stay away from that piece.

I think next time I have paint issues I'll just break the piece if this is how they are going to be.
So why in the HELL they're packing and shipping imperfect statues.Why is the QC sticker in there ?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #164
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
So why in the HELL they're packing and shipping imperfect statues.Why is the QC sticker in there ?
Logic isn't one of SS's strong suits.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #165
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
Logic isn't one of SS's strong suits.
Well we all know this is BS,they just don't want to exchange.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #166
Shinto
Frackin!

edit
Shinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #167
mistermark
Birdman

Some things are easy to repaint others are not. Hope things work out for you. Sideshow could touch the paint up easily. Im sure they will help you.
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #168
Shinto
Frackin!

edit
Shinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #169
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
I waited so long for it then it arrives as apparently a return from someone else or the worst QC ever and they told me and I quote. "We do not ship out damaged or defective statues that have been returned"
Funny this was said.
Also funny how this was the first return from Googling "sideshow quality control".

I just got done finding out and confirming that a piece I received was a return of another board member. Believe the thing that tipped him off me mentioning getting an EX with the same number he returned.

Areas with red lines are his, areas without are mine.
There were more pics that matched, but these are some of the easiest to see.

To top if all off, there was even a letter specifically addressing quality control issues and how they take steps towards it. Yet it seems they opened the return just long enough to shove a paper in there.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:55 AM   #170
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Thumbs down VERY ANGRY AGAINST SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES

Hello all members of statueforum,

I'm very angry against Sideshow Collectibles.

I'll explain my situation.
I own a "Legendary Scale Figure", she causes me a lot of trouble since almost a year. This is Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure.

Indeed, this piece had problems on the reliability of the light-up function of the lightsabers. The Lightsabers of my last piece were all just toasted! Causing a strong smell of burning at home! This is simply unacceptable!
This is the third piece that i received in order to get a achievement in perfect condition. Previous copies had exactly the same problem!

Know that the problem is not me, my electrical installation is new. I have other pieces that are joined on my electrical installation as Iron Man LSF and he has never toasted! So, it's the production of Sideshow that is faulty.

I did not take this product at Sideshow. I ordered this product in my shop in France. My shop contacted his distributor (HEO.FR). And this distributor contacted Sideshow in order to make their job! That is to say, meet my expectations.

I wanted that Sideshow replace the torso of my Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure. Of course, Sideshow refused my request!

I'll take the opportunity to make a very bad publicity for Sideshow.

Now, I speak directly to Sideshow.

You can not leave me in the lurch with a LSF where all the features are not functional. This piece is worth more than $ 2,000, you can not treat your customers as if i have bought a achievement at $ 100.
I bought over $ 30,000 of Sideshow's products. I have proof of what I say, I can send you all the bills and pictures of my purchases.

You must keep your promises Sideshow! This range of products must be your showcase luxury products! You must show me that your customer service is better than the grilled product that is bruised today in my collection.

Today I am angry with the strategy of the ostrich made ​​by this manufacturer. Do you know the respect, Sideshow?
I am outraged by the poor quality of the production of this achievement, that illustrated by these pictures taken by a French collector:

Look how Sideshow drop the costs of their production with low-end hardware, for products that are priced at $ 2000! It's a shame!

The statue is completely hollow

Look, the electronic card has toasted like mine. The components are poorly welded, this is work of ----!

Now Sideshow can repair this mistake. I expect to be contacted by SideshowAlex or someone from customer service in order to find a solution.
And i hope that Sideshow will meet my expectations, because i'm not a collector of the sunday, i collect Sideshow products since 2004. And i want that the love story of your products continue in the future.

Best regards.

PS : sorry for my bad english.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote