Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #161
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Ehhhhh....I might pass. She will have to have exellent production quality. I am not sure if a statue is worth $600, to me.
I think you've been dealing with SS so long your always expecting the worse

XM's Captain America looked just like the prototype, I have no doubt that all their other statues will match the prototypes also... XM is paying big bucks to the factories to make sure they get it right. Then XM inspects each one before it ships out...

Looking at the hit and miss Campbell Spider-Man pictures I'm about to give up on SS all together... They're so busy trying to put out a gazillion statues they're QC is taking a beating....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #162
Thor57
Teen Titans

I'm still new to the game, and I think we need to see more before we write SS off. But the combo of very creative poses and stands, as well as uniformity with the displays (New York rubble for Avengers and destroyed Sentinel for X-Men) XM is off to a smashing start.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #163
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOrzz View Post

Al
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #164
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think you've been dealing with SS so long your always expecting the worse

XM's Captain America looked just like the prototype, I have no doubt that all their other statues will match the prototypes also... XM is paying big bucks to the factories to make sure they get it right. Then XM inspects each one before it ships out...

Looking at the hit and miss Campbell Spider-Man pictures I'm about to give up on SS all together... They're so busy trying to put out a gazillion statues they're QC is taking a beating....
As good as Gentle Giants Sucker Punch statues?

I don't know, I think $600 is a ridiculous amount of $$$ to pay for a statue. I think they are more for people that have an abundance of income.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #165
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:

I don't know, I think $600 is a ridiculous amount of $$$ to pay for a statue. I think they are more for people that have an abundance of income.
It is a lot of money and I agree with you for the most part but most SS pieces are in the 400-450 range so its really only the cost of another 1/4 of a PF for asured quality. I cant afford them either but i dont think the price is that ridiculous considering the cost from other companies.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #166
demonhunter
Kingpin

I have come to accept that most X-Men related statues are either with Sentinel pieces as base or X-Logo as base.

I wish they'd do something different like Kotobukiya's Fine Art Wolverine with tree log base and maple leaf.

But back to this statue again, just found out that Erick Sosa sculpted the face. Adam W Ross worked on the 3D sculpture.

This is going to be the most beautiful Jean Grey -Phoenix statue.

XM Studios being new in the market is pulling all stops to build a strong market presence and customer base with superior products. They are the new kid on the block facing stiff competition in this collectibles category and they have to make sure they are off to a good start and hence I have no doubt all their products are going to be awesome, make heads turn and garner lots of buzz on the internet.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #167
Formula009
Birdman

I can't wait for this! Hope they stick with this Sentinel theme... I love it!
Formula009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #168
Thor57
Teen Titans

I think it is too unless we're talking oversized pieces. I'm hopping on the XM train to build an Avengers team. It's to late for me to start with sideshow. Hell, I can get XM Cap, Thor, Iron Man and Hawkeye for the price it'd cost to get classic SS Thor and Cap alone if we're talking exclusives.

Plus, I want to display them in a group setting, which means out in the open. I have pets, and while they won't be allowed in the display room, pet dandruff travels, and that doesn't mix well with mixed media statues.

At least that is all what I tell myself to justify the extra costs lol.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #169
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:

IMO, Their paint app matches GG best (I can only base that on the Capt. America statue I received from them).. Although I will agree that for some it's not practicable to get all the XM pieces due to the price but I would be willing to skip two SS PF's in order to get XM Phoenix or Magneto...

Actually I'm in the process of selling several PF's right now just to fund some of these future XM statues... But to be fair I'm a purist when it comes to statues, never been a big fan of mix media, even though a few of them look pretty good, but overall I just don't like Mix media. So my opinion is a bit bias.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #170
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

And space. Not to turn this into a scale argument but I really limit my 1/4 scale purchases as I just don't have the space to display 1/4 scale and rotating statues is just an inconvenience to me (and I never get around to doing it) and the more you move them around the bigger the chance for damage. That's why I mostly stick to 1/6 scale as I can display a lot more and don't have to deal much with rotating stock. Place em and leave em.