Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #1711
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

We may do a more realistic version down the road but right now we are focusing on the Filmation versions.

This was a focused choice on our part and we believe in the line.

Also, with our pre-pay discount its $314 w Orko, thats nothing close to $400.

I think $314 for a 29" tall statue is a pretty great deal, regardless of if its cartoon based or not...and truthfully, its harder to do clean slick cartoon paints than some detail busy monster.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #1712
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
We may do a more realistic version down the road but right now we are focusing on the Filmation versions.

I think $314 for a 29" tall statue is a pretty great deal, regardless of if its cartoon based or not...and truthfully, its harder to do clean slick cartoon paints than some detail busy monster.
With shipping its $400 lol. Without Prepay its probably still $400 + I'll just wait and hopefully one day either you or someone else will make it. Time will tell if this line (filmation) will be a hit or not. I just don't see it. Maybe for He-man & Skeletor only....

The ES for He-man is way too big. Total ES should had been 1000. It's going to take a long time to sell out of the reg version.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #1713
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

Jerry,

If your company delivers with what is shown you will hit a home run in my mind even if I do not like the product line. This can be a very fickle business but one thing holds true, deliver a product that your company can be proud of and the customer can love (that wants this statue, tehe...JK) and all else will fall into place. This looks like a winner, like it, love it or not. I say well done sir.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #1714
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Not Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
With shipping its $400 lol. Without Prepay its probably still $400 + I'll just wait and hopefully one day either you or someone else will make it. Time will tell if this line (filmation) will be a hit or not. I just don't see it. Maybe for He-man & Skeletor only....

The ES for He-man is way too big. Total ES should had been 1000. It's going to take a long time to sell out of the reg version.
I disagree with everything but the ES, I think you are quite right...to many but as you said time will tell.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #1715
rome_325
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

He-man looks fantastic! Nice touch on the EX. Wasn't planning on starting a new line but this piece is very tempting. At least I have a couple of weeks to decide and come up with the funds. Keep up the good work....
rome_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:04 AM   #1716
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome_325 View Post
He-man looks fantastic! Nice touch on the EX. Wasn't planning on starting a new line but this piece is very tempting. At least I have a couple of weeks to decide and come up with the funds. Keep up the good work....
Yes thanks Jerry for taking the extra step to make a great ex that stands apart from the reg version. If it was only a light up feature I would wait on this. But with this kind of ex, and the pay in full discount. Most likely I will buy. This reminds me of the cartoon! I do agree on the ES should be a bit lower even for a reg. I think if you were going to do a big ES it would be better to make 3 versions.

Ex- 150
Ex- 300
Reg 500

Or I may just be crazy? Just a thought.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #1717
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Great work...I can't wait to display this next to Lion-O...Bring on Battle Cat
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #1718
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I was a little shocked at the size of the ES but to be honest, I have no clue as to the size of the MOTU fanbase. Also, I'm guessing a much larger percentage of that fanbase, in comparison to any other PCS license, are the collecting type.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #1719
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Here's how I see it. Now obviously just like the Tcats, most people who buy this, will because they grew up watching MOTU and it brings them great nostalgia. It is a great looking piece even though there's not much detail to it. I grew up in the 80's/90's and watched both Tcats and MOTU, but I always preferred Tcats. I had the action figures, but only had Lion-O and Mumm-ra and He-man and Skeletor.

Even as a kid I remember my dad asking me if I wanted any others and I said no, I just want the main good guy and main bad guy so they can fight. Point is that the others never appealed to me and still don't. Now obviously I'm not speaking for everyone. There will be those who want other characters in statue form, but I also know there are those who will just want He-Man and Skeletor and I feel just like with the Tcats line, more people won't be interested in other characters.

What was more popular out of the 2 cartoons? How many of you will be completists to this line? I honestly see it going the same route as Tcats did. That is with the 1/4 line though. However, dioramas? He-man on battle cat fighting Skeletor on his panther would be an instant hit! Especially if it has a more modern look to it while still having the same feel as the 80's cartoon.

Man even a Lion-O vs Mumm-Ra dio would have been awesome! Anyway my whole point in my post is I feel this line won't last. Hope it does though. MOTU is a great franchise, but for me, Tcats was better.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #1720
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Here's how I see it. Now obviously just like the Tcats, most people who buy this, will because they grew up watching MOTU and it brings them great nostalgia. It is a great looking piece even though there's not much detail to it. I grew up in the 80's/90's and watched both Tcats and MOTU, but I always preferred Tcats. I had the action figures, but only had Lion-O and Mumm-ra and He-man and Skeletor.

Even as a kid I remember my dad asking me if I wanted any others and I said no, I just want the main good guy and main bad guy so they can fight. Point is that the others never appealed to me and still don't. Now obviously I'm not speaking for everyone. There will be those who want other characters in statue form, but I also know there are those who will just want He-Man and Skeletor and I feel just like with the Tcats line, more people won't be interested in other characters.

What was more popular out of the 2 cartoons? How many of you will be completists to this line? I honestly see it going the same route as Tcats did. That is with the 1/4 line though. However, dioramas? He-man on battle cat fighting Skeletor on his panther would be an instant hit! Especially if it has a more modern look to it while still having the same feel as the 80's cartoon.

Man even a Lion-O vs Mumm-Ra dio would have been awesome! Anyway my whole point in my post is I feel this line won't last. Hope it does though. MOTU is a great franchise, but for me, Tcats was better.
Yeah, I can see collectors Of toys buying every single figure as a completists but a full collection of these motu statues? No matter how nice they are made I don't think it will last either. If anything the low ES will keep people interested in my opinion. I really hope I'm wrong and would love to be prove wrong. Btw I like Jerrys company and hope he does well. Time will tell, Jerry how about holding off on some main characters like skeletor to keep interest in the line. Then release sorceress and a she ra? I know, I've said this a couple of times but really sex sells. Shame the tundercats line die so fast. I so wanted a cheetara and panthros before tygra.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote