Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-10-2023, 11:52 AM   #1721
eternalblue02
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokanma View Post
Does anyone have any tips or links to fix a peg that won't fit its hole? Prime 1 statue and the peg (which looks like steel to me) is not fitting (not even close). This was a replacement part that Prime 1 sent me (6 months later) as the original came broken. Their reply to me when I asked if they can send another was 'can you try to modify the peg or the peg hole?'
I really don't want to apply any more force and break the statue. I also compared the peg to the original and the metal corners are not the same at all. Original has tapered corners on two sides and replacement does not. Any advice would be appreciated.
Check inside the keyhole on the statue first to make sure there isn't tape of sandpaper that's been painted over by the factory. Some of my Transformers have had this issue. You'll need to pull that out. If it's the peg get some fine sandpaper for metal and start sanding. You can also use a fine Dremel disk. Go slow and sand little by little till it fits. That's about all you can do if P1 isn't going to help.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 02:43 AM   #1722
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Won't fit cause it's too big or too small? To big you can sand it down a little, if it's a lot and you got a steady hand and don't want to sand it that much you can use a dremel.

If it's too small fill it out with some museum putty maybe.
Peg is too big. I will try to sand the peg hole carefully and bit by bit. Thank you
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 02:45 AM   #1723
Gokanma

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Check inside the keyhole on the statue first to make sure there isn't tape of sandpaper that's been painted over by the factory. Some of my Transformers have had this issue. You'll need to pull that out. If it's the peg get some fine sandpaper for metal and start sanding. You can also use a fine Dremel disk. Go slow and sand little by little till it fits. That's about all you can do if P1 isn't going to help.
Keyhole is fine as the first original part fit perfectly. The replacement part with the peg was a poor fit so I assume that the steel peg is incorrectly shaped. I can't do much about the peg but I will try and sand the peg hole. Just not sure which corner or edge I should be working at. Do I just sort of sand around the whole peg hole edges?
Old 12-11-2023, 07:58 AM   #1724
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokanma View Post
Keyhole is fine as the first original part fit perfectly. The replacement part with the peg was a poor fit so I assume that the steel peg is incorrectly shaped. I can't do much about the peg but I will try and sand the peg hole. Just not sure which corner or edge I should be working at. Do I just sort of sand around the whole peg hole edges?
?? You mentioned and use all the terms scrambled ??

"Steel peg" do you mean the (short) metal rod sticking out of the resin peg? This does not fit in the hole?

I always measure the lenght and dept of both. If it is only the thickness of the (square or round) metal rod. Use a small type metal file, bcs sandpaper takes to long. Or you could choose drilling the hole a tiny bit larger.

If it is the shape of the resin key, use a file to enlarge one of the corners first (two corners are often enough to solve the problem (removing bit excess resin/glue or paint etc).

Goodluck with it.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 03:18 PM   #1725
Westhelle
Hydra

Yo when will we get a Vinland saga statue?
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM   #1726
Gokanma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
?? You mentioned and use all the terms scrambled ??

"Steel peg" do you mean the (short) metal rod sticking out of the resin peg? This does not fit in the hole?

I always measure the lenght and dept of both. If it is only the thickness of the (square or round) metal rod. Use a small type metal file, bcs sandpaper takes to long. Or you could choose drilling the hole a tiny bit larger.

If it is the shape of the resin key, use a file to enlarge one of the corners first (two corners are often enough to solve the problem (removing bit excess resin/glue or paint etc).

Goodluck with it.
This is the part I mean that won't fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231214_101919.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	166623  
Old 12-22-2023, 11:33 PM   #1727
Blade3327
Nightwing

Welp, that holiday Direct was weak.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 03:48 PM   #1728
Zee_Fan
Fantastic Four

What's the best way to move a P1 piece? Stick everything back in the original boxes? (I have both the product and shipping boxes).

I've kicked around the idea of finding a new house next year, but who knows if I actually follow through. If I do, I'm a little nervous about trying to move my P1 pieces.
Zee_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 04:04 PM   #1729
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
What's the best way to move a P1 piece? Stick everything back in the original boxes? (I have both the product and shipping boxes).

I've kicked around the idea of finding a new house next year, but who knows if I actually follow through. If I do, I'm a little nervous about trying to move my P1 pieces.
Depends on the piece. If the boxes aren't heavy, I'd repackage and use them. If it's something like the 1/3 Jungle Predator, which for me is difficult to move when boxed, I'd rather wrap and pack the statue parts in several smaller, lighter boxes.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:40 PM   #1730
Zee_Fan
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Depends on the piece. If the boxes aren't heavy, I'd repackage and use them. If it's something like the 1/3 Jungle Predator, which for me is difficult to move when boxed, I'd rather wrap and pack the statue parts in several smaller, lighter boxes.
Thanks!

I'm assuming re-using the styrofoam would be fine?

I should be able to re-use the boxes for Zatanna. I was able to carry them without a problem. The combination of bulky/heavy was too much for Punchline, so I guess if/when the time comes, I'll need to use different smaller boxes.

If I move, it will be nearby, so I'll just transport them in my car rather than trust them to a moving company.
Zee_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote