Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-25-2024, 04:36 AM   #1721
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I had to look that up I say go for it...somewhat selfishly, as I want to see how in-hand pics stack up to the proto.
Or if it takes forever to show up if at all after the deposit is already paid
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:46 AM   #1722
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I had to look that up I say go for it...somewhat selfishly, as I want to see how in-hand pics stack up to the proto.
I could take one for the team on this.....I've got a ton of 1/3 AR15 variant rifle model kits, that could fit to this figure. And I could get some 3D printed combat frames made....I could turn this into an "operator"......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
Or if it takes forever to show up if at all after the deposit is already paid
This....but on the other hand, I'm digging deep into the Anime Resin Statue scene (in no small part due to this thread ).....so, this might be a good, first shot to see how this facet of figure collecting stacks up to the mainstream stuff...

.....order placement to follow......anyone else gonna run the gauntlet with me
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 07:01 AM   #1723
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
.....order placement to follow......anyone else gonna run the gauntlet with me
v
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 07:25 AM   #1724
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Old 02-25-2024, 09:58 AM   #1725
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I've actually always been fascinated with stuff like Dollfie and BJD and wanted to get into that community for years. I think that getting to a point to where you sew and design your own outfits for figures must be wonderful. I remember being at a convention once and I passed by a gathering of them. They all brought their dolls and showed each other their works. It was honestly so impressive. It feels like a natural evolution of mixed media figures for those who are particularly creative.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 11:36 AM   #1726
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I've actually always been fascinated with stuff like Dollfie and BJD and wanted to get into that community for years. I think that getting to a point to where you sew and design your own outfits for figures must be wonderful. I remember being at a convention once and I passed by a gathering of them. They all brought their dolls and showed each other their works. It was honestly so impressive. It feels like a natural evolution of mixed media figures for those who are particularly creative.
How to write this post, in the correct way?.....

I've also looked at BJD's as a possible evolution of my interest in figure collecting. And, personally, I hit two major roadblocks. The product itself, and the community that "supports" it.

I see a lot of potential in the BJD format, that is, in my opinion going unrealized - mostly due to the "community" that makes up the major part of the customer demand. Ironically, this Eimi Fukada figure, is, IMHO, exactly where I would imagine BJD's would eventually evolove into.....yet, they never will.....the BJD available today are inherently poor, for what they attempt to do. The joints are often floppy, the dolls themselves are extremely fragile (especially when compared to their 1/6 cousins) - and, well, the aesthetics are subjective.....but in the main, due to the nature of BJD joints, the bodies look extremely unrealistic, even when compared to the cheapest 1/6 body.

With respects to the community....well, we know that certain figure formats draw a certain audience. BJD's seem to attract females and largely, homosexual males. I'm not talking about men who like men, but those super camp, over the top, "look at me, I'm Gay" types....while someone's sexual preferences or choice of self conduct is by and large, irrelevant to me....the figure aesthetics seem to gravitate towards satisfying that demographic. I'm talking about, male dolls, that are practically indistinguishable from female dolls!!!....not only that, but the available clothing sets, while some are....interesting, it's predominantly real world casual wear - no spandex superhero suits, or operator load outs here

If it's your thing....I think it could be a great diversion from statue collecting....but, if the above doesn't sound great, it might be better to explore other options.
Old 02-25-2024, 04:35 PM   #1727
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly how this piece would fit into my collection.....maybe just as a curiosity trip? I'm wondering how this format holds up to what JND are doing, and I'm wondering how this piece (aside from scale) offers any aesthetic benefits over say, a Phicen 1/6 figure.
This new 1:3 scale doll/figure/statue reminds me the first time I saw a Phicen figure years ago. Since then it had become standard body for various female figures.

I reckon this 1:3 silicone fully pose-able female figure will open up a brand new format for collectors who are keen on this type of sultry figures.

They are now able to get a much more realistic female figure in a much larger scale that Phicen 1:6 scale figures can't provide.

I foresee a great variety of headsculpts, skin tones and costumes to satisfy demands. I knew some company would eventually produce a figure like this.

Just look at all the statues on this thread. It is simply a natural progression. Not my cup of tea, nonetheless interesting to see.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 04:38 PM   #1728
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
My only Damtoys.
I had some hope she was the first in a line. But nope, alas. The first and last one.

Based on a work of an artist. Very well painted and detailed. 1/7
I remember this figure when it first came out. It was when DamToys tried to diversify their product offers. They were primarily producing modern military figures before that.
Old 02-25-2024, 05:01 PM   #1729
Hobbyist

Quote:
I could take one for the team on this.....I've got a ton of 1/3 AR15 variant rifle model kits, that could fit to this figure. And I could get some 3D printed combat frames made....I could turn this into an "operator"......
Something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	verycool 2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	168657   Click image for larger version

Name:	verycool 1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	168658   Click image for larger version

Name:	damtoys 2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	168659   Click image for larger version

Name:	damtoys.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	168660   Click image for larger version

Name:	verycool 3.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	168661  

Old 02-26-2024, 10:06 AM   #1730
French Cancan
Deadman

GAMMA Studio / YING NING

Resin + mixed media
H52 x W29 x D26cm ( 20,5 x 11,4 x 10,2in )
619$
ES 288
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote