Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
"Have ya paid your dues, Nick?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #17473
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

I have had some medical problems the last couple months so I am really behind on the movie and TV front. I finally got around to watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier this weekend and wow was it well worth the wait. I really felt like The Avengers was about as good as these kinds of films can really get. It was handled masterfully and it was just hugely entertaining. So the fact that less than a year later I was watching a Marvel film that was significantly better than The Avengers.....well, its impressive to say the least and its really a testemanet to just how good Marvel is getting at making these kinds of films.

I think The Winter Soldier is the best comic movie made to date. It has a great script, is perfectly paced, has amazing action sequences and most importantly, the performances are just top notch. I really cant say enough about Chris Evans. When Marvel first cast him as Captain America, I was really disappointed. I felt it was a huge mistake given his lackluster performance as The Human Torch in Fantastic Four. Wow was I wrong. I now consider Evans to be the best casting decision Marvel has made yet, on all of thier films. Evans has taken one of my least favorite superhero's on the comic side and turned him into my favorite superhero on the film side. His performance in Winter Solider is just top notch in every regard. Not only has he embodied the character mentally, he has also done so physically as well. He has really bulked up since signing on to play this role and his physique now fits the role perfectly. Evans is just in KILLER shape now. Man what I would do to have an upper body like that.

All in all, Winter Soldier was just an amazing film. Its just a shame that Evans is only planning on doing one more film and then taking a break from acting altogether. I could watch him in this role time and time again.

Just an amazing movie!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #17474
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

the best thing about WS in my opinion is that they really showed what Cap could do, they showed his acrobatics, strength, speed, all stuff they didnt really show in Cap 1 or Avengers that well IMO I finally felt like I was seeing Cap on screen
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #17475
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Cold War (2012) - The police department has long been untouchable until tonight when hijackers kidnap 5 highly trained officers. Cryptic messages from the hijackers expose a mole within the task force.

I saw this on a flight over the weekend. I read it was the top-grossing domestic movie in Hong Kong in 2012 and won many awards there. It would have been nice to watch the locations shots on a proper TV instead of on the fuzzy airplane seat screen. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #17476
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
the best thing about WS in my opinion is that they really showed what Cap could do, they showed his acrobatics, strength, speed, all stuff they didnt really show in Cap 1 or Avengers that well IMO I finally felt like I was seeing Cap on screen
yeah i know what you mean. seems like the very first time Steve received his powers in Cap when he chased down that Hydra agent. that was pretty much it. and his powers seems non existent for Avengers. or at least unmemorable.
good to know that about WS. looking forward to the BD to come out so i can purchase it.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #17477
Vracula
Jedi Order

I hope I am in the right thread

Planet of the apes 1968 9/10

Last time I saw it I was like 10 or something,the ending really stuck with me,the most depressing thing I had ever seen,To this day I cannot forget the sinking feeling of hopelessness that I felt ,but what I did forget and something that baffles me is the beauty that is Linda Harrison,I sat slack jawed through the movie ,probably drooling,luckily the Mrs didn't notice,how did I forget her,My god,what a stunning creature,I think I have a crush on her.

Move over Nicole Kidman in Batman forever ,Linda Harrison is my new screen fantasy goddess.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #17478
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

Last time I saw it I was like 10 or something,the ending really stuck with me,the most depressing thing I had ever seen,To this day I cannot forget the sinking feeling of hopelessness that I felt ,but what I did forget and something that baffles me is the beauty that is Linda Harrison,I sat slack jawed through the movie ,probably drooling,luckily the Mrs didn't notice,how did I forget her,My god,what a stunning creature,I think I have a crush on her.

Move over Nicole Kidman in Batman forever ,Linda Harrison is my new screen fantasy goddess.
Yeah, that final scene is haunting alright. Then it just goes to black - no music, credits rolling, with the sound of animals in the background. Brrrr....
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #17479
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
yeah i know what you mean. seems like the very first time Steve received his powers in Cap when he chased down that Hydra agent. that was pretty much it. and his powers seems non existent for Avengers. or at least unmemorable.
good to know that about WS. looking forward to the BD to come out so i can purchase it.
Completely agree. Like we finally got a chance to see Cap in all his bad assery...I also cant wait for the BD
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #17480
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

one of the greatest films of all time IMO.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote