Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #171
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

+1 sunny lee. another great piece of art, good turnaround and good packaging!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #172
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

.. I guess the guy I made those comments about regarding my Wildcats page is here on SF (hey there! ), and he asked me to retract my previous statement.... if it was inaccurate, I would; sadly, it was entirely accurate and absolutely true. Sorry, bro. You walk the walk, you pay the price.

Not posting this in that thread because I don't want him dragging poor Scott into this again.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #173
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Francesco Mattina +1 - Him and His Rep David are superstars. One of my favorite Artists and all-round cool guy.

Anthony Castrillo +1 - Went above and beyond on the cover recreation he did for me, timely responses and another all round good guy.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #174
dcd747
A day without sunshine is like... night.

+1 Talent Caldwell - got two pieces in a short turnaround from Talent - great value and fantastic work

+1 Jim Calafiore - good communication when I contacted him prior to a con and great work on the art

+1 Pere Perez - fast turnaround time on a commission - again, excellent work
dcd747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #175
dcd747
A day without sunshine is like... night.

And one more...

Scott McDaniel +1 - can't say enough about how friendly and pleasant he was to deal with - and the finished product more than exceeded expectations!
dcd747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #176
Sam
Hydra

-1 Ethan Van Sciver

Communication was good at first, but after about three months he simply stopped responding to my messages. I asked once a month for an update. I guess two minutes to say I haven't had time to start yet was just too much from his busy day. Payment was in advance in August of last year. I got the piece today.

Yes it is worth much more than I paid. Yes it looks nice. No, it was not worth the aggravation. No, I don't ever want anything done by him, and I won't be reading anything just because he's the artist. In fact, his being the artist may actually keep me from reading a book.

Will I keep the piece? I doubt it. I thought maybe he had changed. I was wrong. EVS is a nice guy in person, but that's pretty much where the nice guy ends from what I see.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #177
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
-1 Ethan Van Sciver

Communication was good at first, but after about three months he simply stopped responding to my messages. I asked once a month for an update. I guess two minutes to say I haven't had time to start yet was just too much from his busy day. Payment was in advance in August of last year. I got the piece today.

Yes it is worth much more than I paid. Yes it looks nice. No, it was not worth the aggravation. No, I don't ever want anything done by him, and I won't be reading anything just because he's the artist. In fact, his being the artist may actually keep me from reading a book.

Will I keep the piece? I doubt it. I thought maybe he had changed. I was wrong. EVS is a nice guy in person, but that's pretty much where the nice guy ends from what I see.

Ouchie. Sorry to hear that.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #178
Smith88
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

This may go without saying but

+1 to Roger Andrews... I love the Squirrel Girl I got... I would get another piece by him but I'm out of money until a particular -(several) artist gives me a refunt
Smith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #179
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Tom Raney +1
Robbie Rodriguez +1
Gene Gonzales +1
Mark Dos Santos +1
Joe Prado +1,000,000
Stefane Roux +1,000,000
Michael Dooney +1
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #180
BillC
Hellboy

+4 Jim Valentino

Got 4 more sketches from him recently. Prices are great, he puts his best effort into these, pleasant to deal with, went above and beyond

+2 Thomas Mauer

Thomas does most everything but I had him digitally letter 2 commissions of mine recently. Extremely cool to deal with, wants everything done to perfection and will keep tweaking things until you're totally happy, prices are great, communication great, works fast
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote