Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #171
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Beware the living

Sylvanas 1:5 Statue 1962/6500 - Blizzard Entertainment

The Banshee Queen has arrived! After the amazing trailer we saw just a few days ago (FOR THE HOOOOOOORDE!!!) I couldn't wait to get her.
She turned out very nice, the whole statue is very heavy with plenty of details on the armor, bow, cape... all over. I think my favorite detail is the chainmail you can see on her thighs. Artistically I may have preferred and older version of Sylvanas as opposed to the new cinematic one and I wish her eyes were more red (a light up would have been amazing). But beggars can't be choosers.
And really.... what do you ask of death?

Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #172
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Its not cheap looking at all, its the eyebrows that throw me so off.

Especially when you compare her to the revised version of her being promoted, the resemblance is lost on me.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #173
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It wasn't love at first site for me with pics of her face either, but I'll reserve final judgement until I have them all next to each other. I didn't get a chance to unpack Sylvanas yesterday, so she's still riding around in my trunk.
And worries are relieved. She looks amazing. The packaging, magnets, paint app, etc are great. The face is very nice!

SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:36 PM   #174
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

For those who have the statue in hand, does the face look like the image below? Can someone post a closeup side by side comparison?

gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:03 AM   #175
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
For those who have the statue in hand, does the face look like the image below? Can someone post a closeup side by side comparison?

If you look at this photo, I can safely say that when you look at it with naked eye, the lines are way cleaner. Not sure what happened here. Really one of those rare occasions when production piece looks better than the proto pictures
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:33 AM   #176
Fixedluck
Doh!

For anyone from Canada ordering this piece you may want to contact blizzard beforehand to make sure they use the correct harmonized code for the CBSA as I was just charged any additional 20% tariff tax at the door.(On top of the GST/HST) I don't know if the code put on my shipment was a mistake or if they are doing it for all of them but this is 100% the wrong harmonized code to be using when shipping this product into Canada.

9825.10.00.00 is the code used on my shipment.
9503.00.0000 or 9703.00.0000 is the codes they should be using.
Fixedluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:31 AM   #177
RadAsGhoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixedluck View Post
For anyone from Canada ordering this piece you may want to contact blizzard beforehand to make sure they use the correct harmonized code for the CBSA as I was just charged any additional 20% tariff tax at the door.(On top of the GST/HST) I don't know if the code put on my shipment was a mistake or if they are doing it for all of them but this is 100% the wrong harmonized code to be using when shipping this product into Canada.

9825.10.00.00 is the code used on my shipment.
9503.00.0000 or 9703.00.0000 is the codes they should be using.
i tried getting in touch with the CS before making/and right after I made the purchase. You get a nice message from the GM that they can't get in touch with the merchant in this case. In fact they can't get through to the merchant, period. The only way you can contact them is when you cancel order or file for return. It's been years, and they still haven't changed this. It's ridiculous.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #178
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
If you look at this photo, I can safely say that when you look at it with naked eye, the lines are way cleaner. Not sure what happened here. Really one of those rare occasions when production piece looks better than the proto pictures
I have to agree. The face is much better in person than this picture. I wish I could get some good daylight shots but with the time change last weekend, I don't get home in time...
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #179
gagaliya

My god where did this come from...I just wet myself

Ordered
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #180
Finisher
Blue Falcon

350 bucks. Nice. Finally a fair priced , high end, well done, big and costly statue. Well done Blizzard !
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote