Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-10-2022, 09:06 PM   #171
vinnnie
Luke Cage

vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:16 PM   #172
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Damn, that sucks and I feel for them.

But Hugo seemed like a long shot from the start (to me anyway). There are a lot more B and C list characters that they could have tried. I've heard a lot of requests for characters like Rose, Juri, Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Elena... any of those would have been a better gamble to sell better than Hugo. They're also much smaller in size, so they wouldn't have been as expensive to produce and retail either.

I think this was discussed earlier in the Hugo specific thread, but I don't remember what we settled on. But the choice to go with Hugo was ballsy, but a bad bet IMHO. And it seems like the chance for other non A-list characters will suffer unnecessarily because of it.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:58 PM   #173
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Glad I waited on Hugo. Hopefully I can get him for cheap on the aftermarket or via Sideshow clearance.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:33 PM   #174
qz33
Baron Zemo

^ The more you post that the worse your chances.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:02 PM   #175
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Yes, some people soured on the Street Fighter lines due to the end of the Macaluso era (reason for this very thread's existence), and Street Fighter itself may be in a current lull, and Street Fighter was over-produced in recent years in this hobby...

But, if the commitment is still there to continue to produce more in Street Fighter lines, you're setting yourself up for failure by taking sales cues from Hugo and Ultra Blanka...

It's their prerogative to make nothing more than the top tier, A-list characters that they think will sell the absolute most units, but they're jumping around to different lines, scales, teases, and ultimatums, that it's hard to build (or rebuild) a group of collectors from. It's just a series of one-offs, or short-lived 'lines'. This isn't Batman, Spider-man, or Iron Man, where you can just keep cranking out that one character every year.

Again, it's their prerogative, but if they want to continue to keep a line going - if they're actually fans of Street Fighter - maybe do more polling or other deposit or kickstarter-type funding to find out which characters are worth doing or would sell, rather than picking a C lister and finding out after the fact that it's a bust. How about MTO, so there's an incentive to PO? Why can XM do it, but not PCS? They'd have to be more transparent about what minimum would actually be worth doing for them.

They picked Hugo because he's the size of a typical 1:3, with higher profit margin. How would his sales dictate what to do next though? The other characters aren't his size, so you'd be dropping back down to lower profitability. Lower retail (due to size), but other characters popularity may be higher, to offset. The only answer I think you can draw is that they wanted an unpopular, large, expensive character to sell, and he didn't. See? Street Fighter sucks.

This comes down to a lot of circular reasoning to me. It's simply not the most profitable venture right now, so one random character pick and ambiguous direction on Street Fighter lines inevitably leads to 'more of the same'.

I think you can get to profitability and higher interest with a few releases a year, focused on one (or two) lines. You'd probably need 2 of 3 revisits, with the remaining 1 new. Could easily do Ultimates of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and simple revisits of Vega, Bison, Zangief, etc. Poll for the new characters.

Is mixed-media still viable? Tell us. Why the lack of communication on this? Is there some trade secret the Chinese will kill for? Make a decision and let's proceed.

All I know is, I've got money to spend on characters I want. I keep asking and getting no good answer, so my money is still in my hands.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:22 PM   #176
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Damn, that sucks and I feel for them.

But Hugo seemed like a long shot from the start (to me anyway). There are a lot more B and C list characters that they could have tried. I've heard a lot of requests for characters like Rose, Juri, Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Elena... any of those would have been a better gamble to sell better than Hugo. They're also much smaller in size, so they wouldn't have been as expensive to produce and retail either.

I think this was discussed earlier in the Hugo specific thread, but I don't remember what we settled on. But the choice to go with Hugo was ballsy, but a bad bet IMHO. And it seems like the chance for other non A-list characters will suffer unnecessarily because of it.
This makes me very sad. But I was amazed it was happening at all.

I mean from a business perspective, I knew there was absolutely no way he?d do well. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they?d make Hugo.

But the second it was real, my money was theirs!

Can?t wait for my Poison/Hugo combo!

Thank you PCS for giving me a dream statue!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:22 PM   #177
qz33
Baron Zemo

Hugo had that passion chatter... and the sculpt was mostly done.

Hugo's pose is an easy cast despite his size, production on him was very reasonable. Intricate poses and details require multiple pieces and fittament which is hard and time consuming to do in Polystone.

It isn't about enough sales but about most sales.
Plus Ant is grasping for a counter to revisit whiners.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:01 AM   #178
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Enough with Street Fighter statues, BRING ON KILLER INSTINCT STATUES!!!!! [Fight On]
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:13 AM   #179
Westhelle
Hydra

I Wonder how Menat performs.

I dont mind if PCS linited their statues to popular Chars. I would love to see a Mai Shiranui from PCS
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:42 AM   #180
ukshaun
Hercules

SFV - Laura Matsuda sold out fast!
I guess that means there is a chance of a better take on the character in the future. By better, i mean in green fighting gear

On the subject of Hugo, i thought many were after Hugo?
Once Hugo is available, i bet he soon sells out fast.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote