The Invisible Man would be interesting.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 03:35 PM   #172
Buttmunch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_marvel View Post
The Invisible Man would be interesting.
That would be a great April Fools Day item. Just a base with maybe some muddy footprints and partially covered feet and nothing else. I?d order that. I think lots of people would get a kick out of that, especially if the price was fairly low.
Buttmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 03:36 PM   #173
SDguy

The EX nude version. Would be pretty fun.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:21 PM   #174
ukshaun
Hercules

With this line, i sense it is similar to how Sideshow had Court of the Death. Tweetherhead's theme is Monsters. The bonus of this type of line is not having to deal with licenses, which can be time consuming, not to mention costly.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:53 PM   #175
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I think the inspiration for their choices are more classic movie monsters, which is why they started with Gillman. And also why they have the black and white variant.

I know buddy, I'm well aware of Castlevania's obvious inspiration. Lol... I was just saying that because if you're a Castlevania fan, then maybe this line would be fun to own. I mean it's not like people would want or buy 8-bit sprite versions of the Castlevania's monsters in statue form. They'd have to be stylized in high detail anyways, so there's that to think of. That's like informing me the Count Chocula was inspired by Count Dracula...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 05:04 PM   #176
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
That would be a great April Fools Day item. Just a base with maybe some muddy footprints and partially covered feet and nothing else. I?d order that. I think lots of people would get a kick out of that, especially if the price was fairly low.
I didn't even think of that or add it as an exclusive to one of the other statues. Just a beach or dirt looking base with foot prints and a pile of clothes with a wrapping that was on the face and glasses sitting on top of the clothes.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 05:55 PM   #177
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With this line, i sense it is similar to how Sideshow had Court of the Death. Tweetherhead's theme is Monsters. The bonus of this type of line is not having to deal with licenses, which can be time consuming, not to mention costly.
The COTD is my biggest disappointment in collecting, Tom Gilliland promoted that line so hard, got completely covered in tattoos of it and then just quit, their Facebook account is just a post once a week trying to sell off unsold stuff I hope this line has a brighter future
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:53 PM   #178
Buttmunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_marvel View Post
I didn't even think of that or add it as an exclusive to one of the other statues. Just a beach or dirt looking base with foot prints and a pile of clothes with a wrapping that was on the face and glasses sitting on top of the clothes.
That would be cool. The base could have lots of nice details and Easter eggs. And if they could put it out for about $100 I think it would bit a hit. I think I?d even prefer that to some hollow statue with the illusion of invisibility but if you can?t do invisibility in some form, he?s just an post surgical looking guy in a suit.

Maybe a really ambitious version would be a statue set in the rain and only a vaguely humanoid shape is the piece standing in puddle or something. Not sure how that would work or look but I think a creative approach to an invisible man would be needed to set it apart from anything else that?s come before.
Old 07-16-2023, 12:36 AM   #179
Buttmunch

Still in awe of the Gillman. Hope he’s doing well. Once this line gets chugging along I think a lot of people will regret missing out on him and other early pieces. I like a good licensed piece as much any anyone else but I love the creativity original lines can explore. Licensors can sometimes get in the way of some really awesome ideas but when something is done in house, some really amazing things can get made.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:56 PM   #180
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
Still in awe of the Gillman. Hope he’s doing well. Once this line gets chugging along I think a lot of people will regret missing out on him and other early pieces. I like a good licensed piece as much any anyone else but I love the creativity original lines can explore. Licensors can sometimes get in the way of some really awesome ideas but when something is done in house, some really amazing things can get made.
I think your right, I haven't ordered him yet, because I wanna see what things are coming from various companies the next few weeks, although by the look of sideshows weak sideshow con schedule, Tweeterhead & XM/ Divine Statues Zenescope license may be my main 2 companies moving forward
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote