Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #1821
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Honestly, what Terminator needs is to be remade. Then at the end of the second film have it where you do not end the story so that the 3rd movie and beyond is illogical. That's always been Terminator's problem after the film #2. There's really no replacing Arnold and any of the cast for the first two movies imho, but at this rate I rather they just try rather than keep digging Terminator's grave.

...and they actually tried it with TG and have Arnold on board for it and have it still WORK because you can play the 'human skin ages' card. They just went about it the wrong way. Terrible casting ruined their efforts before it got off the ground, then the story was an illogical mess and they finally shoehorned the kill John Connor into the mix although he stuck around as a laughably advanced terminator. TG is what happens when you have popcorn movie makers behind the scenes.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good popcorn movie, but it only made the T legacy go backwards. I rather have a remake and start over than go forward with TG:2 or whatever it's called......

Still think the idea of Salvation was in the right place, just terrible execution. Still want to see the war against the machines, much more than yet another go back in time to kill a Connor plot. T3 was ok for what it was with it's miscasts. Still third best T film, imo.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:39 AM   #1822
ukshaun
Hercules

For me there is only one Terminator film, and that's the first movie. Classic stuff. T2 was ok, but I never liked the kid, the goofy Arnold Terminator or the concept of Prototype Series 1000 Terminator with its liquid metal shape shifting abilities. As for T3 - total pants, although the female looked hot (a 1/4th scale of her would be cool).

Not seen Terminator Salvation or Terminator Genisys, no comment.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:14 AM   #1823
jimmylace
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Honestly, what Terminator needs is to be remade. Then at the end of the second film have it where you do not end the story so that the 3rd movie and beyond is illogical. That's always been Terminator's problem after the film #2. There's really no replacing Arnold and any of the cast for the first two movies imho, but at this rate I rather they just try rather than keep digging Terminator's grave.

...and they actually tried it with TG and have Arnold on board for it and have it still WORK because you can play the 'human skin ages' card. They just went about it the wrong way. Terrible casting ruined their efforts before it got off the ground, then the story was an illogical mess and they finally shoehorned the kill John Connor into the mix although he stuck around as a laughably advanced terminator. TG is what happens when you have popcorn movie makers behind the scenes.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good popcorn movie, but it only made the T legacy go backwards. I rather have a remake and start over than go forward with TG:2 or whatever it's called......

Still think the idea of Salvation was in the right place, just terrible execution. Still want to see the war against the machines, much more than yet another go back in time to kill a Connor plot. T3 was ok for what it was with it's miscasts. Still third best T film, imo.
Agree that they should re-make the series at some point; but would be a tricky thing to get right. They'd have to modernise the whole concept; bring more depth to the subject matter. Forget clunking Endoskeletons and the military angle perhaps. Go all out sci-fi horror. I'd like to see Alex Garland take a stab at the script; he'd be perfect for it.
jimmylace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #1824
JstChilin
Justice League

Every time I see a new post here I'm hoping for some new pics or something. Getting bored of movie talk and no new statue talk. C'mon Chronicle give me some new pics or something. Maybe even the box art or something.
JstChilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:28 PM   #1825
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstChilin View Post
Every time I see a new post here I'm hoping for some new pics or something. Getting bored of movie talk and no new statue talk. C'mon Chronicle give me some new pics or something. Maybe even the box art or something.
Exactly what I keep thinking
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:55 PM   #1826
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:

Take the movie talk to the movie thread. We want to see some pics.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #1827
sewbacca
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I concur
sewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #1828
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Deal with it
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:14 AM   #1829
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

We get it. Alot of you only bother clicking on threads in the hope that Paul has posted anything to read. You don't care about anything else. I encourage people to save a direct link to Paul's post/thread page so you can spare yourselves all the headache you cause yourselves http://www.statueforum.com/search.php?searchid=7533346

Why is this an issue? I mean, do you really want this forum to come down to this: 1)Paul posts 2)time passes 3)Update? 4)Update? 5)Update plz? 6)Paul posts 7)totally awesome paul count me in blahblahblah 8)repeat

This is exactly what it is until one day, for the span of 2 or 3 days, discussion starts up, that lasts all of 2-6 posts or so, in a totally dead thread, until there is new information for Paul to post about, before you're subtly complaining about clicking on threads and not finding pictures, a complaint that is meaningless because the "Not Paul posting" discussion you loath has ended before it ever got started.

It's completely understandable if suddenly every day you show up and the BO rex thread has 35 new replies or more and you race to it to find the good news only to find discussion by members. But until that happens, try to give it a rest... If a mod isn't concerned, you shouldn't be. First world problems... I'll leave it at that

Kind regards~

BTW why is anyone waiting for pictures here? We're all paid up by now aside from a few. Who cares about pictures? I just want the infos on when this thing is arriving at my door step. All of this should have went down in the BO rex thread as it's lively right now. The fact that it happened in a 'dead til release' thread....it's just sad.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:51 AM   #1830
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

BTW why is anyone waiting for pictures here? We're all paid up by now aside from a few. Who cares about pictures? I just want the infos on when this thing is arriving at my door step. All of this should have went down in the BO rex thread as it's lively right now. The fact that it happened in a 'dead til release' thread....it's just sad.
I dunno, if I had this on order I'd definitely be wanting to see pics of it before it shipped as its been re-engineered and (most importantly) the final finish still hasn't been shown.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote