Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #1851
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Webb I have reported this post to the admins, I don't believe that Amy or Alex have retouched any photos. I've never reported a post before now, but this seems over the line.

Also I've spoken with my partner and I wanted you to hear it from me.

After this quarter we will no longer be sponsoring our forum. D-Rod has said it will be moved down to the other area of the forum but we won't be maintaining it.

Paul
Paul, I hope you stick around. A lot of us really enjoy interacting with you.

I've warned people over and over. Webb is gone.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #1852
Drum18
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Webb I have reported this post to the admins, I don't believe that Amy or Alex have retouched any photos. I've never reported a post before now, but this seems over the line.

After this quarter we will no longer be sponsoring our forum. D-Rod has said it will be moved down to the other area of the forum but we won't be maintaining it.

Paul
Today is a sad day. I, as a fan, truly enjoy ALL your interractions here AND also your Facebook live videos.

Sorry this idiot got under your skin...

Please reconsider and if not, THANKS for everything!
Drum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #1853
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The latest batch of photos look pretty good - I can't tell about how blotchy the faces do or don't look, but the overall paint app is top notch.

Hope the Rex faces perform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeetrex View Post
Its the vocal minority Chris, i'd say many on the JPtoys page are in favor of Chronicle, but the Nay Sayers out comment the positive comments. Not to mention, many of the highly respected members of the community that have years of research put into the films don't like that the images they submitted to try to help CC with paint matching and schemes according to them went largely ignored.

I like breakout set a lot, heck I almost placed an order for the breakout today so that my friend Manuel could repaint it, but then remembered that the Rex and Blue vs. Indominus will be announced soon. While you can not have too many T-rex's in my eyes, having this and the Vs. Set would look a bit redundant.
I wouldn't downplay it entirely- I've had around 20 people privately message me their concerns about this piece, and my social media feed has been alive with worries and conversation.

Lot's of people are anxious - spending $500+ is no small deal, so I certainly understand.

Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of the dot work on the final pieces - it doesn't quite live up to the production sample, which handled the look with grace. Are people making wild accusations that are uncalled for, and taking things too far? Absolutely.

But I can empathize.
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:08 PM   #1854
aaron0288
Frackin!

It's a great shame, but I can't help but think if we'd have got a simple "We see the issue guys. We'll look into it", all the way back when the first pictures arose, it wouldn't have come to this. Hasn't been handled well on both ends imo.
aaron0288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:11 PM   #1855
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:

Paul
Paul,

please take some time to reconsider. If you notice, aside from Webb most of the guys taking it too far were new accounts. This is trolling 101.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #1856
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Paul, don't let someone like Webb discourage you or your team from leaving the forums. Most of us appreciate you taking the time to interact with us, not a lot of companies do so.
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #1857
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron0288 View Post
It's a great shame, but I can't help but think if we'd have got a simple "We see the issue guys. We'll look into it", all the way back when the first pictures arose, it wouldn't have come to this. Hasn't been handled well on both ends imo.
But, I think Paul probably made this decision based on people making accusations about the character of him and his staff, not the criticism of the Rex piece.
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #1858
thx217
Ultimates

Hopefully the absence will be temporary. I believe Chronicle will benefit greatly in the long run to have some what a presence here. This is still the place most of the statue collectors shares info if you Google around.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:32 PM   #1859
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I think the problem is I love what I do and the products I make that when they aren't what I was expecting, I take it as personally as you guys. I just feel it's time for a change and I need to distance myself from the Statue Forum. I've made a lot of friends here and I know we will continue to interact.

I'll be on Facebook as that seems to be the way we reach the most people.

I don't want to blame just one person for this decision, this was made before Webb made any of his posts and I didn't want him banned, he'll just go to another forum now and pile on even more.

I've always tried to be very respectful in my posts, I just feel I don't get that in return and it bothers me. I work so hard on these pieces and people only want to pick you apart when you fall down.

Again it's now more about my sanity than the board.

I'm going to continue to make cool pieces to the best of my ability.

And for those that think they can do it better, go buy a license, source a factory and put out a product.

I've been going at this for four years in October. I've spent a lot of time away from my family to build this business and I want less stress in my life, so with that I say goodbye.

Thanks guys, it's been a great ride!

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #1860
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Man, I've been trying to avoid this thread, and now I see this. Paul, hope to see you back down the road sometime.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote