Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-07-2020, 10:58 PM   #1861
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
At one point I had P1 Shockwave on one so we could use the dining room table for the holidays. Didn't budge.
You're just gonna casually drop that you typically keep Shockwave on your dining room table...
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:00 PM   #1862
MechWestern
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
Anyone know if BESTA’s doors work on a STUVA frame??
they do!
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:22 AM   #1863
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
Yeah I have some bestas and they feel flimsy af and like they could topple easily if pushed from the sides. The stuvas are MUCH more sturdy.
You were right about the back of the stuvas. They are solid feeling just like the sides. I feel like I could punch out the back board of my besta.

I still plan on getting a couple of moducases eventually for my heavier/tallier statues but for my smaller ones the Stuvas work much better than the bestas.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #1864
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I ended up going with an Ikea pax to "future proof" myself a little. Still waiting on the shipment because everything at IKEA is backed up so much because of covid.

The biggest problem with the pax is there's no doors or display to fit that isn't frosted glass, which is obviously useless. I got a local place to cut some acrylic in the right size and will slap it all together once it arrives. Got the idea from someone on this site as I thought it looked great and can still hold some of the bigger pieces I have. I like the besta and stuva options as well but they are just a little too small for pieces I might buy in the future... Figured I'd play it safe, so I only need to buy a display once.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:47 AM   #1865
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
You're just gonna casually drop that you typically keep Shockwave on your dining room table...
He was on our table for a good few months. His weight bowed the table but not the garage shelving. I ended up having a custom box made to support him so the base didn't hang over the sides.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #1866
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
So I have been looking into multiple options to "upgrade" my display space since I had the Ikea Detolfs for my old 1/6 scale statue collection. Only a few of my 1/4 scale fit inside. The rest go on top, and I'm quickly out of space.

I decided to just buy some metal garage shelves, since they would fit the 1/4 statues, and Lowes has some 36 x 60 x 18 ones on sale right now for $40 each. Bought 2.

Anyways while searching youtube last night I came across this guy and it kind of seemed like fate (if you believe in that thing) since he took the exact same dimension garage shelves I bought from Lowes, and turned them into what I would call a "budget" moducase lol.

So since last night, I have ordered most of the supplies to do this project. Still have to track down some additional acrylic sheets. Hard to come by these days.

Has anyone else seen this or looked into this? Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yDry7U9pJA&t=536s
As an update to this, I have completed (mostly) the first of 2 cases. I still need to track down an additional 2 pieces of acrylic to do the sides on both cases, but everything else is done. Phew this was a tedious project and took longer than I thought it would. Also, if you watched the video, you notice the guy just used a black curtain drop down in the back and ran it through the shelves. This pissed me off trying to do this and looked sloppy so I gave up, and decided to wrap each shelf and staple down the fabric, as well as buy a piece of underlayment board for the back and also wrap those in fabric and staple them. Came out MUCH better imo.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #1867
DarkLantern
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
As an update to this, I have completed (mostly) the first of 2 cases. I still need to track down an additional 2 pieces of acrylic to do the sides on both cases, but everything else is done. Phew this was a tedious project and took longer than I thought it would. Also, if you watched the video, you notice the guy just used a black curtain drop down in the back and ran it through the shelves. This pissed me off trying to do this and looked sloppy so I gave up, and decided to wrap each shelf and staple down the fabric, as well as buy a piece of underlayment board for the back and also wrap those in fabric and staple them. Came out MUCH better imo.

Display looks really good. What did you do for lights?
DarkLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:49 PM   #1868
MechWestern
Sailor Moon

So what are these industrial shelves that seem to be taking off? Pretty much just the Gladiator shelves from Home Depot?
Looks cool
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #1869
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

It's a nice looking setup, something I might consider for the future. However, I doubt I would use the acrylic, it's just something that would get in the way of my viewing with the reflections it casts, and it also shows dust and can scratch easily.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 05:04 PM   #1870
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
It's a nice looking setup, something I might consider for the future. However, I doubt I would use the acrylic, it's just something that would get in the way of my viewing with the reflections it casts, and it also shows dust and can scratch easily.
Yea you got it IcedDog. That's the one thing I immediately noticed. Very reflective. Will see how they hold up over time. So far so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
So what are these industrial shelves that seem to be taking off? Pretty much just the Gladiator shelves from Home Depot?
Looks cool
Yes you got it. These ones which are the garage shelves I got from Lowes. On sell till today I think for $40 each. They are 36 x 60 x 18. The video I posted the guy explains it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLantern View Post
Display looks really good. What did you do for lights?
Thanks! And yea for lights I just bought what the guy in the video linked to from amazon. They are like little LED spotlights. Comes in a pack of 6. All hook up to one battery pack thing, and even come with a remote to turn on and off and has some flashing effects which I will never use. They were like $37 for a pack of 6.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote