Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #1861
Demona
Lex Luthor

Both wearing the same mask.

Oh and while I'm thinking about it, have we seen a shot of Kylo removing his mask or putting it on? Or just an unmasked Adam Driver?
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #1862
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Despite the masked/unmasked argument I still don't see how anyone could think it's Luke based on body type alone.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #1863
Demona
Lex Luthor

What I'm saying is -- they are two different people. Two different body types. Sure, it is Adam Driver's character being shown but I've not seen him masked. Even in that snow shot, he has no helmet on because you can see his hair blowing.

I'm going on the limb that the mask does not belong to Adam Driver's (aka Kylo) solely -- if at all.

Hellboy, I do have to giggle that you think they couldn't CGI/camera angle a few pound or inches to a body type to screw with viewers. Hell, they put an entire Paul Walker together for FATF
Old 10-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #1864
built2shred
Phoenix

Only question I have is, Why the heck would Luke turn dark side? makes no sense...

The grandson wanting to follow in his grandfathers footsteps makes more sense then Luke going all dark side...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:46 PM   #1865
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Both wearing the same mask.

Oh and while I'm thinking about it, have we seen a shot of Kylo removing his mask or putting it on? Or just an unmasked Adam Driver?
So a Ghostface scenario? I don't see what possible motive Luke would have to participate in such subterfuge, but given the fact no one has seen the movie I gues it's "possible".
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #1866
Demona
Lex Luthor

There is nothing stopping power from corrupting over time or in the event of a tragedy.

What if Luke lost a loved one? He is a twin, perhaps he had twins -- one being Kylo -- and the other twin died or was murdered? Look at his lineage and he hasn't had the easiest life and something like that could push him over the edge.

Now I'm just throwing stuff at the wall
Old 10-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #1867
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
There is nothing stopping power from corrupting over time or in the event of a tragedy.

What if Luke lost a loved one? He is a twin, perhaps he had twins -- one being Kylo -- and the other twin died or was murdered? Look at his lineage and he hasn't had the easiest life and something like that could push him over the edge.

Now I'm just throwing stuff at the wall
Who flung poo?
Old 10-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #1868
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Despite the masked/unmasked argument I still don't see how anyone could think it's Luke based on body type alone.
I already tried to use this logic and someone simply pointed out special effects makes anything possible. Forget what yours eyes are telling you. Apparently CGI and special effects can make you forget that a 64 year old that is 5 foot 9 and a 32 year old that is 6 foot 2 cannot credibly look similar.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #1869
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
So a Ghostface scenario? I don't see what possible motive Luke would have to participate in such subterfuge, but given the fact no one has seen the movie I gues it's "possible".
Exactly. Anything is possible at this point. I'm just happy I have a forum where people will debate the issue while throwing out other ideas.

Some of my friends are just like: "You're wrong. End of story."

Well OK then

The trailer has me curious as to why Kylo doesn't have a mask/helmet on when getting ready to battle with Finn.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #1870
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Anything is possible I suppose. I just don't think it's even remotely close to probable is all.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote