Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-06-2016, 11:25 AM   #1881
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I'll reserve judgement on this piece until I get it in hand. Endos never look great in pics unless the lighting is just right.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #1882
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I tell you, one thing chronicle really lacks is marketing. Why would you not take some professional photos and post it here instead of letting some bad fan photos fester and create doubt. In the end i am sure it's an epic statue as I have complete faith in the company based on all past products released.

Same with conan, epic statue horrible marketing. Look at jerry at PCS hyping up his conan for months and i am sure it will be a big bang sellout. Why cant chronicle create some exclusive with a sword that has 100 ES and go for the kill and get an near instant sellout. That will create a lot of hype, which will then sell out the regular edition, which can be set at 200 ES. It's all about creating hype to make the lemmings want the piece.

Same with T-rex maquette, that's probably one of the most popular pieces so far and looks epic and had some great anticipation. Yet chronicle decide to go with this hype-killing TBD ES for 30 days. Whyyyyy? Create an EX set it at 150 ES for instant sellout. It will then build anticipation for your next JP piece as us lemmings all remember how quickly the previous piece soldout - get the day 1 order anticipation snowball going more and more. Instead, we have all those awesome pieces still in stock weeks/months after their initial release.

Even going to the extreme of not making any profit on the initial few releases by setting a low ES just so the statue gets soldout, to set the perception for the brand going forward.

PCS is a master at marketing, and if you actually look at their products, they are fine but nothing that special compared to the highly detailed work chronicle is trying to do. Yet the hype surrounding that brand is unreal - a bunch of video game characters that gets soldout within minutes ( and i am certainly guilty contributing to it as well).

/rant off
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #1883
JstChilin
Justice League

I hate how PCS does it. Give collectors a chance to get a piece, not a mad scramble on your phone or computer to try and beat the flippers or anyone else. Why would a company who could sell more than 150 not wanna see how many they can sell and go from that estimate.
JstChilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #1884
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

@gagaliya
Different companies, different business strategies.
Chronicle collectibles is all about sharing the passion and collecting wonderfull movie props replica, not solely profits.
I don't want to be a fraking frustrated lemings.
I want to collect quality pieces of my most beloved characters/design without the stress of missing the PO window.
I know a famous companie who mastered marketing, showing off glorious prototype pictures that looks nothing like the in hand product.
I don't want Chronicle to take this path, that's why I love and support them, they are in a different league.
Now pictures make you fear the worst but when you will have it exposed on your shelf, you will be very proud and forget all about marketing.
You can check the PCS Robocop thread and see how well it works for them.
You will read the very same comments about fail paint jobs and all, based on production shots coming from the factory, on the assembly line.
BS, I know they will deliver perfection and I don't care about crapy photos
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:26 AM   #1885
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Same with T-rex maquette, that's probably one of the most popular pieces so far and looks epic and had some great anticipation. Yet chronicle decide to go with this hype-killing TBD ES for 30 days. Whyyyyy? Create an EX set it at 150 ES for instant sellout. It will then build anticipation for your next JP piece as us lemmings all remember how quickly the previous piece soldout - get the day 1 order anticipation snowball going more and more. Instead, we have all those awesome pieces still in stock weeks/months after their initial release.
How would you feel if you didn't get a PO in for it in time with a 150 ES? You still gonna be buzzed about it's release? Don't worry maybe you'll win the lottery on the 1:1 compy...

What you speak of has a time and a place. I don't think CC's mission is to appease hardcore collectors looking for plastic gold.

It's not fair to ask any business to make less money for themselves so you can make more in the secondary market, whoever "you" may happen to be. That's really what it sounds like you are asking for, is for collectible companies to better help scalpers make profit scalping pieces. Mind you I'm not accusing you I'm just saying it's what it sounds like. It's pointless to limit this to 150 when you know you can sell at least double that, and with the very real potential of a thousand or more sold.

Creating buzz and hype works in rare cases, like mcfarlane sportsflicks. I don't think it's the best practice for a business not associated with mass market retail stores. If PCS wants to leave money on the table, that's their business.

In regards to your endo opinion, I don't think they had time to do pro pics before wonderfest, and I'm not sure they care. They have a long waitlist for the 1/4 Endo. We can cancel anytime we want. We got the gist of what the paint app looks like. I'm not sure why bad resol pictures are making people scared. It's like looking at a pixeled thumbnail preview of a hot girl. You don't trust that the preview is representative of what awaits you after you click. You have no doubt you will be pleased with the end result after you click.

Why now do you doubt? Especially when it's so very easy to get your money back. You take practically no chances while producers take all the risk....
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:29 AM   #1886
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
How would you feel if you didn't get a PO in for it in time with a 150 ES? You still gonna be buzzed about it's release? Don't worry maybe you'll win the lottery on the 1:1 compy...

What you speak of has a time and a place. I don't think CC's mission is to appease hardcore collectors looking for plastic gold.

It's not fair to ask any business to make less money for themselves so you can make more in the secondary market, whoever "you" may happen to be. That's really what it sounds like you are asking for, is for collectible companies to better help scalpers make profit scalping pieces. Mind you I'm not accusing you I'm just saying it's what it sounds like. It's pointless to limit this to 150 when you know you can sell at least double that, and with the very real potential of a thousand or more sold.

Creating buzz and hype works in rare cases, like mcfarlane sportsflicks. I don't think it's the best practice for a business not associated with mass market retail stores. If PCS wants to leave money on the table, that's their business.

In regards to your endo opinion, I don't think they had time to do pro pics before wonderfest, and I'm not sure they care. They have a long waitlist for the 1/4 Endo. We can cancel anytime we want. We got the gist of what the paint app looks like. I'm not sure why bad resol pictures are making people scared. It's like looking at a pixeled thumbnail preview of a hot girl. You don't trust that the preview is representative of what awaits you after you click. You have no doubt you will be pleased with the end result after you click.

Why now do you doubt? Especially when it's so very easy to get your money back. You take practically no chances while producers take all the risk....
what the hell are you talking about? my post was suggestions to create buzz so chronicle can sell more statues.

Not sure what koolaid you are drinking with all that scalping and secondary market rant, take it easy.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:40 AM   #1887
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I don't think PCS are a good example. I pass on a lot of their statues due to the ridiculous time they take to deliver.

They promote a delivery date, take full payment and then that date passes by over a year with little to no updates despite requests from paying customers..............oh wait.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:15 AM   #1888
Python
Omega Red

I love the pose still, It almost looks like this has a gloss coat which is throwing off the actual look in photos.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:13 AM   #1889
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Again different view and picture he looks good there
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #1890
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Memory lane - old finish

Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote