Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #181
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Found on Instagram.

If we're only talking about Grogu?

SS > HT > IS
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:05 AM   #182
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If that’s the case, weird that they’d list a price. Just makes distributors look bad for charging more.
If SS puts it up it will be the $750. These other places claim free shipping but it’s because they added in the shipping. Same with Iron Studio, it will be $750. With shipping it will be $850 also.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:48 PM   #183
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Iron Studios seems to have the most accurate Grogu face sculpt.
Agreed. I think the issue most seem to be seeing is the paint app. The bloodshot eyes aren't helping the IS Grogu. If I were getting this statue for Grogu then I'd be a little more concerned. However, I'm paying for Mando. Thankfully the imperfect Grogu isn't enough of a distraction.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #184
Frankierock
Inhumans

I think SS has the best overall Grogu. His face looks more like a kid.
The IS one looks like the guy playing baby Yoda on Saturday night live.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:55 PM   #185
Y3E
Gen 13

I'm surprised of the lack of switchouts.

I'm going to stick w/ Hot Toys deluxe
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:04 PM   #186
Luminous
Cyclops

The Hot Toys is absolutely fantastic. However, I am very hesitant to spend 1/4 scale money on their faux leather and rubber. It's why I never purchased their 1/4 Vader. Aside from the HT Iron Man Mark III, I am sticking to statues for my 1/4 collecting.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:23 PM   #187
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
The Hot Toys is absolutely fantastic. However, I am very hesitant to spend 1/4 scale money on their faux leather and rubber. It's why I never purchased their 1/4 Vader. Aside from the HT Iron Man Mark III, I am sticking to statues for my 1/4 collecting.
I don't have many 1/6 HT figures, around 7 I think. Are there issues with their faux leather and rubber?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:44 PM   #188
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I don't have many 1/6 HT figures, around 7 I think. Are there issues with their faux leather and rubber?
I can only tell you what I've seen discussed in the 1/6 collecting community. Material degradation is something that is always talked about. The most notorious ones are the ones that use faux leather. I think it's an accepted fact that at some point or another it is going to noticeably fall apart. I've seen people post pics of it happening to figures within the first year, but then the same fig will still be going strong 3 years later. It's difficult to tell why it's worse for some and not others, but I think the simplest explanations are things like humidity and how much they're handled. It seems like most of the people who report issues come from high humidity regions.

I collect 1/6 HT figs and have a few that have faux leather and whatever the spandex is made of for figs like Black Panther and Spider-Man. I haven't personally experienced any issues yet. However, I can see where the holster for my Rogue One Deathtrooper may start to fall apart some day. Still intact at the moment though and I've had him since release. I pose them once and leave em alone. HT figures may look stellar, but they certainly keep costs as low as they possibly can.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:41 PM   #189
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

For the prices Hot Toys and anyone else using mixed media charges they should use top notch materials to make sure ---- doesn’t fall apart over time. Unacceptable.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:12 PM   #190
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
For the prices Hot Toys and anyone else using mixed media charges they should use top notch materials to make sure ---- doesn’t fall apart over time. Unacceptable.
If I would've known about these issues before I started collecting I don't think I could have dove in. I'm in it now. So at the moment the plan is to see how long the ones I have last and then decide if their presence in the time given was worth it or not. Thankfully I prefer armored figures so I don't have a crazy amount of ones in faux leather.